Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sander in West-Africa | screening requests

hi!
    Taking pictures through windows is cahllenging, especially when they are coloured. Pictures below were taken around 4pm with warm colors in a tropical environment.
    Below is an example that I corrected but it was rejected three times for "Bad Color, over/under saturation, Hue". Any advice on what i shoudl correct to make it accepted in the JP data base?
    thanks a lot!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0739.JPG Views:	0 Size:	610.5 KB ID:	1154196
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0738.JPG Views:	0 Size:	556.9 KB ID:	1154197

This is another example:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0770.JPG
Views:	363
Size:	516.5 KB
ID:	1154201 ​​​​​​​

Name:	IMG_0768.JPG
Views:	364
Size:	545.4 KB
ID:	1154200
    Attached Files

Comment

Fiddle with the colour balance and then in photoshop bring up levels tab and then click the left dropper which is your white balance. Click on a white part of the aircraft and that should help you.

Comment

Originally posted by sanderzwart
        It was rejected few times for bad colors / hue. Any advice on this latest version below? Thanks!

Still has quite a reddish tint

Comment

Is this now acceptable?

Click image for larger version  Name:	52691794977_b989daf0b6_b.jpg Views:	0 Size:	277.7 KB ID:	1154789

Comment

Originally posted by sanderzwart View Post
            Is this now acceptable?
            Dark/contrast, and some compression/oversharpening issues.

Comment

Based in Accra, Ghana, but travelling around Africa, I am taking pictures whenever I can. Not easy, with often difficult light conditions (high humidity, dust) and nasty officials ("are you a journalist?" and "where's your permit?")

I want to submit the pictures below and your advice is appreciated!

Name:	IMG_0570b.JPG
Views:	182
Size:	563.1 KB
ID:	1156740The airport of Douala in Cameroon

Name:	IMG_1532a.JPG
Views:	151
Size:	479.2 KB
ID:	1156741 Air Peace arriving to Accra with the very last rays of sun

Name:	IMG_1560.JPG
Views:	154
Size:	581.9 KB
ID:	1156742Circular airport terminal of Jomo Kenyatta Airport in Nairobi, Kenya

Comment

Based in Accra, Ghana, but travelling around Africa, I am taking pictures whenever I can. Not easy, with often difficult light conditions (high humidity, dust) and nasty officials ("are you a journalist?" and "where's your permit?")

I want to submit the pictures below and your advice is appreciated!
                I've merged your threads, but in the future please post new questions/requests here, or they will simply be deleted

We understand that some situations may make it more difficult to allow images to be taken so we try to balance rarity vs. quality, but we can only be lenient up to a certain point. That said, I wouldn't let the rejections bother you - I, personally at least, would appreciate seeing you continue to (attempt) uploads from where you do - as long as you keep my previous point in mind.

1. borderline contrast/vignetting
                2. blurry, soft, contrast
                3. dark, borderline motive/crop. better without people/person in foreground

Comment

Thanks for the encouragement! Meanwhile, I found a better picture for the airport in Douala, a beautiful 70s construction and still fucntional. The picture was taken just 10-15 minutes before sunset and am struggling with contrast. Let me know if this is good or whether i need to increase or decrease contrast. thanks again

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0579.JPG Views:	0 Size:	582.7 KB ID:	1156789

Comment

Thanks for the encouragement! Meanwhile, I found a better picture for the airport in Douala, a beautiful 70s construction and still fucntional. The picture was taken just 10-15 minutes before sunset and am struggling with contrast. Let me know if this is good or whether i need to increase or decrease contrast. thanks again
                    This would be fine for me, given the rarity/quality balance I mentioned earlier.

Comment

Would any of these two do, especially with regard to sharpness? 5N-CAB is not yet in the JP data base. Thanks again!

1. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3395.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	476.5 KB
ID:	1156970

2. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3387.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	473.3 KB
ID:	1156972
                      Attached Files

Comment

Would any of these two do, especially with regard to sharpness? 5N-CAB is not yet in the JP data base. Thanks again!
                        Unfortunately a bit too soft/blurry.

Comment

Last three ones for now. Probably on the edge, but et's see if there is anything i can do to improve them. Thansk again for the support.

1. Air Peace some 10 to 15 minutes before sunset.

Name:	IMG_3623.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	482.2 KB
ID:	1157031

2. Izy Air from Nigeria.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3944a.JPG
Views:	92
Size:	470.6 KB
ID:	1157032

3. Z Boskovich Air Charters

Name:	IMG_1990.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	620.7 KB
ID:	1157033

Comment

Last three ones for now. Probably on the edge, but et's see if there is anything i can do to improve them. Thansk again for the support.

1. Air Peace some 10 to 15 minutes before sunset.

2. Izy Air from Nigeria.

3. Z Boskovich Air Charters
                            1-2. soft/blurry, contrast
                            3. soft/blurry (tail)

Comment

I cam across some pictures from the Terminal in Abuja, Nigeria. Would any of these two stand a chance?

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0903.JPG Views:	0 Size:	653.3 KB ID:	1157316

Name:	IMG_0902a.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	659.0 KB
ID:	1157318

Comment

Working...
                              X