Sander in West-Africa | screening requests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sanderzwart View Post
    I cam across some pictures from the Terminal in Abuja, Nigeria. Would any of these two stand a chance?
    You could try, but probably too much foreground clutter & awkward angle/crop.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

You could try, but probably too much foreground clutter & awkward angle/crop.
      thanks, I tried a lot, but it's difficult to get a decent shot from the airport: much is blocked and there is police everywhere that will certainly bother you....

Comment

Air Peace is flying with Boeings to Accra these days, either very early or just before sunset if not delayed... Would this one be acceptable? Taken just few minutes before the sun disapeared.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3611.JPG
Views:	85
Size:	437.3 KB
ID:	1158270

Comment

Air Peace is flying with Boeings to Accra these days, either very early or just before sunset if not delayed... Would this one be acceptable? Taken just few minutes before the sun disapeared.
          Unfortunately severe quality issues issues (softness, noise, contrast), so no, would not be acceptable.

Comment

I have adjusted darkness and address the oversharpening issue. Is it acceptable now? not yet in JP database.

Name:	IMG_0735d.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	596.2 KB
ID:	1158459

Comment

I have adjusted darkness and address the oversharpening issue. Is it acceptable now? not yet in JP database.
              Assuming it's new/rare, there should be some allowance for the marginal light/quality.

Comment

thanks, I submitted it but it was rejected for 1) softness (whereas you indicated it was oversharpened) and 2) darkness.
                I don't believe it's soft and for darkness, well I think it's a combination of light and location that make it look dark. I made an appeal for the rejection
                JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

update 17h03: appeal was rejected...
                I may give up on this one....

Comment

thanks, I submitted it but it was rejected for 1) softness (whereas you indicated it was oversharpened) and 2) darkness.
                  I don't believe it's soft and for darkness, well I think it's a combination of light and location that make it look dark. I made an appeal for the rejection
                  JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

update 17h03: appeal was rejected...
                  I may give up on this one....
                  Not to be pedantic, but the rejected image was not the same as the one I commented on, the resolution was higher on the rejected image (which tends to make things look softer). Since you've already appealed, I won't comment any further.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Not to be pedantic, but the rejected image was not the same as the one I commented on, the resolution was higher on the rejected image (which tends to make things look softer). Since you've already appealed, I won't comment any further.
                    hi there, i uploaded exactly the same image on JP as on this forum (1280x720 pixels). I didn't chane anything on resolutions, sharpness, etc. and I use 'full resolution' to paste it in the message on the forum.

I have attached the image for a last time with two different sharpnesses. If any is acceptable, then let me know, otherwise I leave it.
                    Thanks for the suport!
                    Attached Files

Comment

hi there, i uploaded exactly the same image on JP as on this forum (1280x720 pixels). I didn't chane anything on resolutions, sharpness, etc. and I use 'full resolution' to paste it in the message on the forum.

I have attached the image for a last time with two different sharpnesses. If any is acceptable, then let me know, otherwise I leave it.
                      Thanks for the suport!
                      The first time you posted, it was 1024pix, and I commented "Dark/contrast, and some compression/oversharpening issues."

The second time you posted, it was 1280pix, and I commented "Assuming it's new/rare, there should be some allowance for the marginal light/quality." No mention of oversharpening.

In your post complaining about the rejection you said "thanks, I submitted it but it was rejected for 1) softness (whereas you indicated it was oversharpened)"

The only image I mentioned oversharpening was the 1024 image. Your rejected image was 1280. They were not the same image.

I don't see a huge difference between the new versions you have posted. The quality issues remain, and if it were me, whether I accepted it would depend on the rarity, as I mentioned earlier.

Comment

Below is a picture from the airport in Cotonou, Benin showing the tarmac/ramp and the control tower. Far in the back is the former government Boeing 727 of Benin
                        1) is the picture below acceptable first of all?
                        2) which category should I select, i.e. 'Airport Overview', 'Ramp' or 'Control Tower'?

thanks!

Click image for larger version  Name:	6955076723_5e2ce2bd77_o.jpg Views:	0 Size:	520.4 KB ID:	1159858

Comment

Below is a picture from the airport in Cotonou, Benin showing the tarmac/ramp and the control tower. Far in the back is the former government Boeing 727 of Benin
                          1) is the picture below acceptable first of all?
                          2) which category should I select, i.e. 'Airport Overview', 'Ramp' or 'Control Tower'?
                          Too much empty (space), not likely to be accepted.

Comment

Finally some shots from Dakar's new airport. Both are taken in early morning conditions. Are they acceptable?
                            thanks!

Name:	IMG_5879.JPG
Views:	26
Size:	620.3 KB
ID:	1161110Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6195.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	807.1 KB
ID:	1161109

Comment

Hi,
                              Not a screener, but the first photo has identifiable license plates, which would lead to a motive rejection.

Comment

Finally some shots from Dakar's new airport. Both are taken in early morning conditions. Are they acceptable?
                                1. motive
                                2. soft, borderline motive

Comment

Working...
                                X