Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prescreening request/advice - Nathaniel R

Hi everyone, new to the forum here!
    I'd like to upload the following picture to JP, however I'm not sure if it's acceptable light exposure-wise. This is in 1280px (the actual file that I plan to upload).

Click image for larger version

Name:	PK-BRM OK.JPG
Views:	670
Size:	854.6 KB
ID:	1157352

If anyone can give advice on it, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Nate

To me the exposure looks good. I would crop on a little more and make sure its symetrical on both sides. I'm nowhere near the standards of a Screener, but someone will put you right. Good luck.

Comment

Hi David, thanks for your input!
      Yes I think it's a little bit wide in terms of empty space, I'll try crop it a bit tighter later when I upload it. Thanks again!

Cheers,
      Nate

Comment

Hi everyone,
        Would like to get your input again if the following photo can qualify or it has no chance to be accepted into the database. I think there could be some issues with the contrast because of the white sky, but maybe someone here can give more insight about it or point out any other issues. Thanks!

Click image for larger version  Name:	TC-TRK.jpg Views:	0 Size:	521.5 KB ID:	1157789

Cheers,
        Nate
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by nathanielrusdianto View Post
          Hi everyone,
          Would like to get your input again if the following photo can qualify or it has no chance to be accepted into the database. I think there could be some issues with the contrast because of the white sky, but maybe someone here can give more insight about it or point out any other issues. Thanks!

Click image for larger version Name:	TC-TRK.jpg Views:	0 Size:	521.5 KB ID:	1157789

Cheers,
          Nate
          Hello,

contrast is not good due to the light conditions and its quite dark. Better to keep it for your personal.

Have a good day!
          Best Regards from Germany,
          Julian S.​

Comment

Hi Julian,
            Thanks for the input!

Cheers,
            Nate

Comment

Hi everyone,
              Can someone help me explain specifically why this picture gets rejected due to contrast? I've tried uploading this picture several times and the result always comes back the same (too much/little contrast) despite changing the contrast on the fuselage or of the sky. But I've seen other users (friends of mine who spot the plane from the same location) upload the same moment with similar lighting condition like I do get accepted into the database. And I'd also like to know if there is any way I can save the picture for the database. Thanks!

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

Hi everyone,
                Can someone help me explain specifically why this picture gets rejected due to contrast? I've tried uploading this picture several times and the result always comes back the same (too much/little contrast) despite changing the contrast on the fuselage or of the sky. But I've seen other users (friends of mine who spot the plane from the same location) upload the same moment with similar lighting condition like I do get accepted into the database. And I'd also like to know if there is any way I can save the picture for the database. Thanks!

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10937198
                Poor light due to overcast conditions. Probably not fixable.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Poor light due to overcast conditions. Probably not fixable.
                  Alright, thanks for the input..

Comment

Hi everyone,
                    I'd love to have some input on whether these photos can be added to the database. I'm a bit worried about the lighting on both, I don't think they're sufficient but maybe someone can help shed some light on it and maybe on other things I fail to notice. Thank you!

Click image for larger version

Name:	PK-LAG B.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	593.5 KB
ID:	1158881

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_54618.jpg Views:	4 Size:	631.1 KB ID:	1158877
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi everyone,
                      I'd love to have some input on whether these photos can be added to the database.
                      Hello Nate

I'm not a screener but both of the photos have issues with contrast, softness, noise and quality. I don't believe they will be fixable.

Have a great day!

Tyler

Comment

Hi everyone,
                        I'd love to have some input on whether these photos can be added to the database. I'm a bit worried about the lighting on both, I don't think they're sufficient but maybe someone can help shed some light on it and maybe on other things I fail to notice. Thank you!
                        They would not be acceptable. There are multiple quality issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler Godfrey View Post

Hello Nate

I'm not a screener but both of the photos have issues with contrast, softness, noise and quality. I don't believe they will be fixable.

Have a great day!

Tyler
                          Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

They would not be acceptable. There are multiple quality issues.
                          Hi Tyler n dlowwa,
                          Thank you for the input!

Comment

Hi everyone,
                            A few days back, I had one of my pictures rejected due to bad composition/not centered reason.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I'm not really sure why it was rejected on composition grounds when I think the aircraft is centered (fuselage on center) like other pictures in the database. Prior to editing and upload, I did some research first on other pictures with similar aircraft in the image composition to see how the picture could be acceptable, so I'm a bit surprised to see this was rejected while it had similar composition with other pictures in the database. Any comments are very welcome. Thanks!

Nate

Comment

Hi everyone,
                              A few days back, I had one of my pictures rejected due to bad composition/not centered reason.

I'm not really sure why it was rejected on composition grounds when I think the aircraft is centered (fuselage on center) like other pictures in the database. Prior to editing and upload, I did some research first on other pictures with similar aircraft in the image composition to see how the picture could be acceptable, so I'm a bit surprised to see this was rejected while it had similar composition with other pictures in the database. Any comments are very welcome. Thanks!

Nate
                              Screeners will be able to see this link, but nobody else can. If you want to post the photo directly in here the rest of us can give opinions too.

Comment

Working...
                              X