Kilo Whiskey Photography - prescreening request / editing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kilo Whiskey Photography - prescreening request / editing advice

Hi there, I'm asking for a prescreening, please. I am fairly happy with this photo however I feel it may possibly be a little under-sharpened.

Click image for larger version

Name:	26.04.23 EGPD G-NHVG_01.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	487.0 KB
ID:	1160678

Attached Files

Not a screener, but this would be soft, also a blueish tint (or contrast), and cutoff with the tail rotor.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, can I simply resolve the softness in post by sharpening more? Unfortunately, the tail rotor is cut off in the original image therefore it's unusable, however for future reference, is the contrast a composition issue at the time of taking the photo or can it be fixed in post, if so how would I go about doing such?

Comment

Originally posted by Kilo Whiskey Photo View Post
        Thanks for the feedback, can I simply resolve the softness in post by sharpening more? Unfortunately, the tail rotor is cut off in the original image therefore it's unusable, however for future reference, is the contrast a composition issue at the time of taking the photo or can it be fixed in post, if so how would I go about doing such?
        Contrast can usually be adjusted in post, along with the blueish tint. Cutoffs are almost always a write off unless you can make something out of it like a close up (watch for motive fails, probably more for the portfolio than JP though). Softness can sometimes be fixed in post but you'll get an idea over time.

Comment

Name:	18.05.23 EGPD G-NHVI.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	332.0 KB
ID:	1161045 Hi there, I'm asking for a prescreening, please.

Comment

Hi there, I'm asking for a prescreening, please.
            Dark, contrast, soft/blurry. Not fixable, sorry.

Comment

Name:	18.05.23 EGPD G-EMEB.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	558.3 KB
ID:	1161205 Hi there, I'm asking for a prescreening, please.

Comment

Hi there, I'm asking for a prescreening, please.
                Dark, contrast, soft, noisy, color, dirty.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, I'm not quite getting the hang of this, I will take the process one step at a time. First, is the raw image usable? Your response is much appreciated Click image for larger version

Name:	P1080751.JPG
Views:	137
Size:	208.6 KB
ID:	1161252

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, I'm not quite getting the hang of this, I will take the process one step at a time. First, is the raw image usable? Your response is much appreciated
                    No, the light is of terrible quality. If you're hoping to have images accepted here, you'll need to restrict your attempts to images taken in good light.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

No, the light is of terrible quality. If you're hoping to have images accepted here, you'll need to restrict your attempts to images taken in good light.
                      Thanks for clarifying that, I will shoot in better light in the future (that's Scottish weather for you)

Comment

Name:	30.05.23 EGPD EI-GPN.JPG
Views:	122
Size:	213.4 KB
ID:	1162046​ Hi there, I am simply wanting to know if the following raw images are of high enough quality that with editing would be accepted. Thank you.

Comment

​ Hi there, I am simply wanting to know if the following raw images are of high enough quality that with editing would be accepted. Thank you.
                          Hi, Not a screener but the photo is quite blurry. I doubt you would be able to fix it with editing

Comment

Hi there, I am simply wanting to know if the following raw images are of high enough quality that with editing would be accepted. Thank you.
                            It is not.

Comment

Shooting for JetPhotos can be a bit of a skill to learn in itself. Don't get me wrong, I'm not talking about the quality required but the weather requirements. Generally, you'll want the sun behind you so that it illuminates the subject. Blue skies in the background are pretty much worthless if there's clouds blocking the light onto the subject. But sunny usually means warm in some places, which means heat haze. Another component to factor in.

That being said, it's always worth taking pictures as you'll improve your techniques. Over time, you'll find that more and more are worth pre-screening.

Comment

Working...
                              X