Photo Rejection Discssion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo Rejection Discssion

I'm a brand new photographer so there is mountains I don't know but I really thought this picture would be my best bet:

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

But the rejection reasons where:
    • Bad Composition (bad framing / aircraft not centered)
    • Horizon unlevel
    • Categories wrong or missing
    I don't understand the bad composition on this one. I think the framing and centering are good compared to what I'm used to seeing on Jetphotos. Is it something about the background being too busy maybe?

Horizon Unlevel. I straightened the horizon based on the jet - that did leave the buildings in the background slightly unlevel. I don't think I can have both. I'd love some advise please.

Thank you

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Read this before uploading. It should give you a good insight on JP requirements.

Comment

To be honest I have read through that.

Comment

Originally posted by APK17 View Post
        I'm a brand new photographer so there is mountains I don't know but I really thought this picture would be my best bet:

But the rejection reasons where:
        • Bad Composition (bad framing / aircraft not centered)
        • Horizon unlevel
        • Categories wrong or missing
        I don't understand the bad composition on this one. I think the framing and centering are good compared to what I'm used to seeing on Jetphotos. Is it something about the background being too busy maybe?

Horizon Unlevel. I straightened the horizon based on the jet - that did leave the buildings in the background slightly unlevel. I don't think I can have both. I'd love some advise please.
        Aircraft is too low in the frame. Verticals are leaning right (needs CCW rotation). Also a bit dark.

Comment

Thank you dlowwa

I've straightened the horizon a bit using vertical lines and recropped the photo to move the jet in to the middle more. I'm not sure I improved the darkness or not. Can I get another look please?

Thank you in advance.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thank you dlowwa

I've straightened the horizon a bit using vertical lines and recropped the photo to move the jet in to the middle more. I'm not sure I improved the darkness or not. Can I get another look please?

Thank you in advance.
            Centering ok, but rotated too much. Now needs CW.

Comment

What line in the photo are you looking at when you're judging the rotation or are you eyeballing it? I used the grid in Lightroom to straighten it so I'm genuinely curious.

Thank you in advance again.

Comment

What line in the photo are you looking at when you're judging the rotation or are you eyeballing it? I used the grid in Lightroom to straighten it so I'm genuinely curious.

Thank you in advance again.
                Background verticals in the center of the frame.

Comment

Working...
                X