Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

stepheng23907 - prescreening/editing advice

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    so what do you think I should to do fix them or are they not fixable?

    I just don't understand why these are being rejected for contrast while there are so many similar photos on the database, an aircraft on a clear blue sky background that seem acceptable. are these photos any different? what am I missing?

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by stepheng23907 View Post
      so what do you think I should to do fix them or are they not fixable?

      I just don't understand why these are being rejected for contrast while there are so many similar photos on the database, an aircraft on a clear blue sky background that seem acceptable. are these photos any different? what am I missing?
      The rejection for contrast in your case visible in the form of halos. If you take a look at N125SF on the vert. stab region you can see a white glow resembling a "halo". This is caused by over-contrast, roughly meaning the whites are not balancing well with the darker background. To fix simply look at "clipping" and make sure when you are adding whites/blacks that you are not creating clipping and also not going overboard on how much you add. All that will ensure you arent as likely to see these halos.

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by stepheng23907 View Post
        I just don't understand why these are being rejected for contrast while there are so many similar photos on the database
        What differed ur photos and the two accepted photos is that: it seems like you applied a considerable amount of shadow increase, causing the bottom of the wings to look almost as bright as the fuselage, thus too-little contrast. Although over-adjusting highlights and shadow do cause halos, I don't think they are the leading reason of this rejection. Also, in my opinion, N125SF and N4169W may get soft rejections too.

        Hope this helps.
        Eight urns in line, seven lids to sway. Shift them about, no error to display.

        J.R.Han (Ryan)

        Comment


        • #64
          thank you for the advice

          Comment


          • #65
            hello,

            sorry uploading directly didn't seem to work, so I have an imgur file. https://imgur.com/a/i1KTDEd

            are these acceptable? is the heat blur ok?

            thanks

            Comment


            • #66
              As most of you have probably noticed, the forums have been buggy the past ~week or so, first being slow to load, and now not allowing images to be directly attached to posts. We have made the issues known to FR24, but so far they have obviously not fixed the problems. As such, I would like to request that you refrain from

              Comment


              • #67
                hello, sorry about that.
                would you say these images are heat blurred, and are they otherwise acceptable?

                thanks

                Click image for larger version

Name:	20240602-DSC_9907-NEF.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	820.0 KB
ID:	1191633
                Click image for larger version

Name:	20240602-DSC_9767-NEF.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	818.7 KB
ID:	1191630Click image for larger version

Name:	20240602-DSC_9322-NEF.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	754.8 KB
ID:	1191629
                Attached Files

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by stepheng23907 View Post
                  hello, sorry about that.
                  would you say these images are heat blurred, and are they otherwise acceptable?
                  LIttle bit of heat haze, but don't see any blurriness.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

                    LIttle bit of heat haze, but don't see any blurriness.
                    would you say they're still worth uploading?

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by stepheng23907 View Post

                      would you say they're still worth uploading?
                      1, 3 probably would be rejected
                      2 ok for me

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        hello,

                        this photo has been rejected for being undersharpened and too much/too little contrast.

                        is it fixable? if so, what should I do?

                        thanks

                        Click image for larger version

Name:	N572DT-2.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	839.8 KB
ID:	1192042

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by stepheng23907 View Post
                          hello,

                          this photo has been rejected for being undersharpened and too much/too little contrast.

                          is it fixable? if so, what should I do?
                          Sharpness should be fixable, but contrast might be more difficult due to the conditions. Also avoidable obstruction on main gear.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            thanks for the help.

                            do these photos have better conditions? anything else wrong with them?

                            Click image for larger version

Name:	N275FE.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	667.7 KB
ID:	1192051 Click image for larger version

Name:	N8660A.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	899.8 KB
ID:	1192052
                            Attached Files

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by stepheng23907 View Post
                              thanks for the help.

                              do these photos have better conditions? anything else wrong with them?
                              1. dirty
                              2. heat hazed
                              3. borderline overprocessed

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X