Advice on Photo Rejection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on Photo Rejection

Hi! This is my first time posting in the forums, forgive me if this should be posted in another section.
    I've recently uploaded my first batch of photos and I received an email saying they were all rejected. My Rejected Photos menu seems to be bugged and not showing anything, and my upload menu says 17 rejected photos (even though I only uploaded 5).
    Anyway, point is, I don't know what reason my photos were rejected for and I'd like some feedback to improve on. Photos attached.

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Hello,
    yes you are in the right forum.
    first I recommend you seriously read the upload guideline. This would help you réalise that some of these images were a no-go from the start.
    then you need to learn about editing. those images look just out of the camera without editing.
    a few more advices
    - pick up a nice weather day, with the sun on your back
    - what you see on the first images is heat distortion - that’s a killer and no editing can save or correct it - to avoid it, choose a spotting location closer to the plane and avoid any heat source between you and the plane (concrete area, building, taxiway, ramp….)

Hope it helps a bit
    kind regards
    Alex

Comment

Yeah I had a feeling the first 3 would be rejected due to underexposure and obstructions (the fence). I am an absolute noob at editing and so it is highly likely I did bring up the exposure too much on the Bonza. The Rex looks a little better to me, is the issue just the brightness added in editing?
      Oh, and if you don't believe I'm a noob at editing, I use Windows Photos..... yeah.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Edward Jones View Post
        Yeah I had a feeling the first 3 would be rejected due to underexposure and obstructions (the fence). I am an absolute noob at editing and so it is highly likely I did bring up the exposure too much on the Bonza. The Rex looks a little better to me, is the issue just the brightness added in editing?
        Oh, and if you don't believe I'm a noob at editing, I use Windows Photos..... yeah.

Thanks!
        Hey don't worry, your in the right place to learn about editing, for a start you need a proper editing software, Lightroom is obviously the best, the mobile version is free with a few limitations otherwise there are plenty of alternatives. I haven't perfected editing myself but I can tell you it's a combination of a multitude of things. I'd suggest looking at a few tutorials or speaking to someone who's good at editing, I'm always here if you need to message me but like I said I'm not the best.

Right now I wouldn't submit anymore photos until you've learnt how to edit a bit better however this is a great place to send them and get some feedback.

Good luck😀

Comment

Thanks! I looked at the guidelines, and the Rex in the sky is the only one I didn't know why it was rejected. The only thing I could see was maybe horizon, or potentially backlit?

Comment

Originally posted by Edward Jones View Post
            #4 is soft/heat hazed and poorly contrasted due to the overcast conditions. heat haze is not something that is fixable with editing.
            #5 is soft/blurry and also poorly contrasted. neither of these issues are fixable with editing.

The contrast issues can be fixed by shooting in better conditions. The soft/blurry issues will require better technique on your part and/or better equipment.

Comment

Hey mate are those Rex photos from mourya airport?

Comment

Also does any know how to make a post?

Comment

Originally posted by Sergant potato View Post
                  Hey mate are those Rex photos from mourya airport?
                  No, they are from Wellcamp Airport (Toowoomba) (IATA: WTB, ICAO: YBWW)

Comment

Working...
                  X