Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TRTPUwU - editing/prescreening advice

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

    No worries, it's good that you can use the opportunity to learn - but maybe best to limit your advice to others until you've got your own images up to an acceptable level
    Ok, thanks. In the 2~3 years i have been on JP, i have learned a lot about editing and photography. Also, unrelated, do you advise using a tripod when shooting aircraft? And also, when a member asks for advice on a rejection, are only screeners aveilable of seeing it. I only twice managed to click on the rejected link and be sent tho the rejected image instead of the main page.
    Everything that say is in my opinion, a screener might dissagree
    If you are dissapointed of yourself, look at me and feel better.
    ——————————————————————————

    Comment


    • Originally posted by TRTPUwU View Post

      Ok, thanks. In the 2~3 years i have been on JP, i have learned a lot about editing and photography. Also, unrelated, do you advise using a tripod when shooting aircraft? And also, when a member asks for advice on a rejection, are only screeners aveilable of seeing it. I only twice managed to click on the rejected link and be sent tho the rejected image instead of the main page.
      Regular tripod should do fine for stationary night shots.

      Comment


      • Click image for larger version

Name:	cc-ayl.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	599.3 KB
ID:	1191489

        Click image for larger version

Name:	h-51.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	538.7 KB
ID:	1191490Click image for larger version

Name:	scel hangar.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	562.8 KB
ID:	1191491 hi, requesting a prescreen
        (planning to upload 3 as a hangar shot, wondering if it is the correct category)
        Everything that say is in my opinion, a screener might dissagree
        If you are dissapointed of yourself, look at me and feel better.
        ——————————————————————————

        Comment


        • Originally posted by TRTPUwU View Post
          requesting a prescreen
          (planning to upload 3 as a hangar shot, wondering if it is the correct category)
          1. centering
          2. compression
          3. soft, compression. category is Airport Overview

          Comment


          • Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

            1. centering
            2. compression
            3. soft, compression. category is Airport Overview
            Ok. Is 1 too high? I was trying not to cut the stands, but i will correct it.
            And how do hangar shots work? Does it have to be a hangar with planes inside? Or what do screeners define as a “hangar shot”?
            Everything that say is in my opinion, a screener might dissagree
            If you are dissapointed of yourself, look at me and feel better.
            ——————————————————————————

            Comment


            • Originally posted by TRTPUwU View Post

              Ok. Is 1 too high? I was trying not to cut the stands, but i will correct it.
              Not centered L-R.

              Originally posted by TRTPUwU View Post
              And how do hangar shots work? Does it have to be a hangar with planes inside? Or what do screeners define as a “hangar shot”?
              It should show a hangar.

              Comment


              • [QUOTE=dlowwa;n1191512]

                Not centered L-R.


                here is a new version. The problem is that i dont want to cut the rotors, so i put them as close to the edge as i could. wondering if centering is ok now?
                Click image for larger version  Name:	xdxde.jpg Views:	0 Size:	531.7 KB ID:	1191520


                Everything that say is in my opinion, a screener might dissagree
                If you are dissapointed of yourself, look at me and feel better.
                ——————————————————————————

                Comment


                • Also, requesting a prescreen on this . Wondering about compression
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	cc-dhz.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	470.1 KB
ID:	1191522
                  Everything that say is in my opinion, a screener might dissagree
                  If you are dissapointed of yourself, look at me and feel better.
                  ——————————————————————————

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by TRTPUwU View Post
                    here is a new version. The problem is that i dont want to cut the rotors, so i put them as close to the edge as i could. wondering if centering is ok now?
                    Not ok.​

                    Originally posted by TRTPUwU View Post
                    Also, requesting a prescreen on this . Wondering about compression
                    Soft, compression, borderline centering.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

                      Not ok.​
                      Tried fixing it by cropping the rotors, is the crop/centering ok?


                      Click image for larger version

Name:	ccc-anh.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	590.7 KB
ID:	1191544
                      And were the issues fixed on this one?
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	cc-dhz (1).jpg
Views:	49
Size:	660.1 KB
ID:	1191543
                      Everything that say is in my opinion, a screener might dissagree
                      If you are dissapointed of yourself, look at me and feel better.
                      ——————————————————————————

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by TRTPUwU View Post

                        Tried fixing it by cropping the rotors, is the crop/centering ok?
                        Ok for me.

                        Originally posted by TRTPUwU View Post
                        And were the issues fixed on this one?
                        Oversharpened/compression. Is the quality actually there in the original?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

                          Oversharpened/compression. Is the quality actually there in the original?
                          Yeah, quality is there on the original. I dont know how is it getting so compressed (and the oversharpen is my fault, i sharpened more after re-sizing)
                          Everything that say is in my opinion, a screener might dissagree
                          If you are dissapointed of yourself, look at me and feel better.
                          ——————————————————————————

                          Comment


                          • Hi, requesting a prescreen
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	20240615145504_IMG_1443 (1).jpg
Views:	15
Size:	679.6 KB
ID:	1191873
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	20240615142342_IMG_1418 (1).jpg
Views:	15
Size:	498.6 KB
ID:	1191871Click image for larger version

Name:	20240615123410_IMG_1405 (1).jpg
Views:	15
Size:	603.5 KB
ID:	1191872
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	20240615113712_IMG_1392.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	665.1 KB
ID:	1191870

                            Everything that say is in my opinion, a screener might dissagree
                            If you are dissapointed of yourself, look at me and feel better.
                            ——————————————————————————

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by TRTPUwU View Post
                              Hi, requesting a prescreen
                              1. soft/blurry
                              2. contrast
                              3. soft/blurry, contrast
                              4. soft, compression

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

                                1. soft/blurry
                                2. contrast
                                3. soft/blurry, contrast
                                4. soft, compression
                                Flat light on 2?
                                Everything that say is in my opinion, a screener might dissagree
                                If you are dissapointed of yourself, look at me and feel better.
                                ——————————————————————————

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X