Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prescreening: Coldstreamer

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

    Thanks..but that's not the original. I would need to see the full-size original, not a compressed down-sized copy. If you don't feel like sharing it publicly, you can message me directly.
    I was able to upload it to imgur, the original here: https://imgur.com/a/Gmiy9q0

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Coldstreamer View Post

      I was able to upload it to imgur, the original here: https://imgur.com/a/Gmiy9q0
      Sorry..that's not the same image.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

        Sorry..that's not the same image.
        Not the exact same image, but I've seen enough to tell you that the problem is almost certainly the after effect of some very poor attempts at noise reduction. Look at the top version here (your edit): all of the squiggly patterns/lines are not visible at all in the lower version (crop from the original you posted).

        Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	557.3 KB
ID:	1177666

        Surely you can see the strange lines and patterns. If you would like to avoid manipulation/overprocessing rejections for that in the future, best if you avoid doing whatever you have done in that edit to cause them.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

          Not the exact same image, but I've seen enough to tell you that the problem is almost certainly the after effect of some very poor attempts at noise reduction. Look at the top version here (your edit): all of the squiggly patterns/lines are not visible at all in the lower version (crop from the original you posted).

          Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	557.3 KB
ID:	1177666

          Surely you can see the strange lines and patterns. If you would like to avoid manipulation/overprocessing rejections for that in the future, best if you avoid doing whatever you have done in that edit to cause them.
          Ok, so I see the issue you're referring to now. Here is an updated version of the picture. I believe the issue would be the denoise AI used in Lightroom. I've reduce the amount of it and size of the image. Hopefully this helps: Click image for larger version

Name:	N317GA (1).jpg
Views:	143
Size:	297.6 KB
ID:	1177827

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Coldstreamer View Post

            Ok, so I see the issue you're referring to now. Here is an updated version of the picture. I believe the issue would be the denoise AI used in Lightroom. I've reduce the amount of it and size of the image. Hopefully this helps:
            Would still very likely be an overprocessed/manipulation rejection. I strongly suggest you no longer use that feature.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

              Would still very likely be an overprocessed/manipulation rejection. I strongly suggest you no longer use that feature.
              So one of the strange things with this image is your reasoning. I'm not blaming you for anything, don't think that, but I'm confused. As this image: https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/11181529 was accepted even with that floor. Is this more of an issue with the prescreeners here and not the main website?

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Coldstreamer View Post

                So one of the strange things with this image is your reasoning. I'm not blaming you for anything, don't think that, but I'm confused. As this image: https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/11181529 was accepted even with that floor. Is this more of an issue with the prescreeners here and not the main website?
                Yes, it was mistakenly accepted. We debated deleting it but decided to leave it in since it was our mistake. We can still delete it if you are ok with it.

                Not sure what you mean by 'prescreeners' vs. 'the main website'. Are you under the impression that there are two separate crews/sets of standards?

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

                  Yes, it was mistakenly accepted. We debated deleting it but decided to leave it in since it was our mistake. We can still delete it if you are ok with it.

                  Not sure what you mean by 'prescreeners' vs. 'the main website'. Are you under the impression that there are two separate crews/sets of standards?
                  No, I was under the impression that screeners wouldn't really bother looking here tbh. I more believed that this is where former screeners would be or those who have the time on their hands. If that makes sense?

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Coldstreamer View Post

                    No, I was under the impression that screeners wouldn't really bother looking here tbh. I more believed that this is where former screeners would be or those who have the time on their hands. If that makes sense?
                    The whole frame is considered, and bad edits intentional or not are grounds for a rejection.

                    I used to screen more (I think I hit 130k a year once), but still 30-40k a year. I spend time here to help people so that time is not wasted with images that have little chance, and to help resolve minor issues. If I wasn't spending time here in the forum, I'd probably add 1-2k more a month to my screening totals.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Hello all, I have a few more images to be quickly prescreened if ya'll have the time? As per normal, any help is welcome!
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	N325PZ.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.50 MB ID:	1178773Click image for larger version  Name:	N668AF.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.56 MB ID:	1178774Click image for larger version

Name:	N118HH.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	1178771
                      Attached Files

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Coldstreamer View Post
                        Hello all, I have a few more images to be quickly prescreened if ya'll have the time? As per normal, any help is welcome!
                        One final time, please read here carefully:

                        As there seem to be some unwritten rules that are missed by newer users, here are a few suggestions for when you would like editing advice/prescreening from the crew: If asking for prescreening/editing advice, please title your thread "(username) - prescreening request / editing advice" Prescreening is offered


                        6. Try to attach the exact images you plan to upload to your post (i.e. don't upload unedited image unless asking for general advice).

                        There is no prescreening for images you won't actually be uploading.

                        If there is anything else on that post that is unclear or you are uncertain about, please feel free to ask for help; otherwise, if you are unable to follow those requests, your posts will be ignored, or even just deleted.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

                          One final time, please read here carefully:

                          As there seem to be some unwritten rules that are missed by newer users, here are a few suggestions for when you would like editing advice/prescreening from the crew: If asking for prescreening/editing advice, please title your thread "(username) - prescreening request / editing advice" Prescreening is offered


                          6. Try to attach the exact images you plan to upload to your post (i.e. don't upload unedited image unless asking for general advice).

                          There is no prescreening for images you won't actually be uploading.

                          If there is anything else on that post that is unclear or you are uncertain about, please feel free to ask for help; otherwise, if you are unable to follow those requests, your posts will be ignored, or even just deleted.
                          These are the images I'd be uploading, not sure if you're seeing images differently from your end? But these are the correct images, the ones I'd be uploading..

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Coldstreamer View Post

                            These are the images I'd be uploading, not sure if you're seeing images differently from your end? But these are the correct images, the ones I'd be uploading..
                            You can't upload an image over 1920 pixels wide, so you'll have to downsize them to the desired dimensions.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              New photographers have a 1280pixel limit, and the max JP pixel limit is 1920
                              Everything that say is in my opinion, a screener might dissagree
                              If you are dissapointed of yourself, look at me and feel better.
                              ——————————————————————————

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                I could have sworn this are the ones I resized to 1280px?

                                Click image for larger version

Name:	N1548T.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	672.7 KB
ID:	1178827Click image for larger version

Name:	N325PZ.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	698.0 KB
ID:	1178828Click image for larger version

Name:	N118HH.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	667.3 KB
ID:	1178829Click image for larger version

Name:	N668AF.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	713.4 KB
ID:	1178830

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X