Undersharpened

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Undersharpened

I don't know, it looked good to me, but I think this was borderline.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I will hit it with another dose and see what happens.

By the way, the first rejection was a dust spot which was quickly fixed, but no one said anything about being undersharped.
    SET LOVE FREE!!

WOW I LOVE THAT PIC!!!!!! I LOVE THE LIGHTS!!!

-Pete
    Pete Ganabathi
    Embry Riddle Aeronautical University

Fly Frontier Airlines - A Whole Different Animal

Comment

It could use an extra hit of USM, or possibly two depending on how it looks. As far as the shot goes, IMHO, the star filter really doesn't look all that great during the daytime. It is a very unique shot though!

Comment

NWAirlinkCRJ@ERI-Thanks!

SWA733Captain-I was trying something different as you indicated. Also, what is IMHO?
        SET LOVE FREE!!

Comment

IMHO means:

"In My Humble Opinion"
          Will F.
          Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

wow! looks nice to me!

sharpen it a little more, you can see its soft when u look at the whole pic.
            say maybe 1x of Sharpen or a few times of USM shld do the trick.

Comment

Before I try, how is this?

SET LOVE FREE!!

Comment

MUCH Better! Send it in!
                Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

I did and it was rejected for being digitally manipulated. Once the notification gets e-mailed, I will appeal it. I was unaware using a Cokin 056-Star Filter was not allowed.
                  SET LOVE FREE!!

Comment

Originally posted by swaphx99
                    I did and it was rejected for being digitally manipulated. Once the notification gets e-mailed, I will appeal it. I was unaware using a Cokin 056-Star Filter was not allowed.
                    That's INSANE Most of the shots on here are manipulated in some way, cropping, color, contrast, sharpening, etc. The CREATIVE use of your filter should be allowed in my opinion.

Comment

As far as I know it is. Problem is, no one really uses a star filter at 10am to shot. I tried it and got a great picture. I will appeal first chance I get.
                      SET LOVE FREE!!

Comment

Originally posted by swaphx99
                        As far as I know it is. Problem is, no one really uses a star filter at 10am to shot. I tried it and got a great picture. I will appeal first chance I get.
                        You shouldn't be penalized for being creative. Good luck.

Comment

FINALLY

I was trying out a new star filter and I really like the result.. N174US. Airbus A321-211. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

IT IS ON.

You know what they say, the forth time is the charm!
                          SET LOVE FREE!!

Comment

Originally posted by PT737SWA
                            You shouldn't be penalized for being creative. Good luck.

DISAGREE. I have to say that creativity is very alive here. Good eg is that shot, as well as Alan Ling's 8mm Fisheye shot, all very creative and different. THis isnt Airliners.net, we pride ourselves on being open to new ideas and suggestions.

Comment

Have you ever heard of the cokin filter system? I placed a filter on the camera lens and took the picture.

Sorry for the quality, I wasn't expecting to defend myself, but on the left is a cokin star filter, A series, Number 056. On the right is the lens that I used, a sigma 55-200mm, with a cokin A series filter holder on it.

For your on info kaddyuk, I think a good photographer is someone who is not scared to try things differently and out of the ordinary. It is normal to use a star filter when shooting at night but when a photographer sees an opportunity at a different time, he or she takes it.

You can quote me, I will NEVER question another photographer, esspecially if I was not present at the time of shooting.

Have a good day.
                              SET LOVE FREE!!

Comment

Working...
                              X