JPEG Compressoin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JPEG Compressoin

I really like this photo and am determined to get it accepted. This time it's too much JPEG compression. Could somebody please explain to me what this is and what I can do (if anything) to fix it? Thanks!

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

[photoid:261078]

Sorry- I still don't know how to work links- if someone could fix it that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Click below.

[http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=3669]

Take the original sharpen it some more and save in level 11 or 12 in Photoshop.

-Clovis

Comment

How do I save in level 11/12? What is that?

Thanks Clovis!
      Click below.

Comment

Whan you save as a JPEG, it will show you a slider with the level of compression you wish to choose...right? Slide it to thr right (max) to save with minimal compression.

-Clovis

Comment

Thanks Clovis!
          Click below.

Comment

NP. Also, the more times you save the file, even at Level 11-12 the more degredation will occur.

-Clovis

Comment

Clovis wrote
              NP. Also, the more times you save the file, even at Level 11-12 the more degredation will occur.
              I hadn't realised that, perhaps this helps explains a couple of probelms I have had too.

Thanks, and sorry to read that you say you are getting bored with aircraft (Different post). Do you do any other kind of photography as well? A liitle variation might be good for you.

Comment

heres another tip,

When uploading to your computer, save all your photos and leave them alone. Burn to a CD if possible but thats not necessary. When editing do not save over the original file. Save it under a new name. If that photo is rejected, delete the edited photo and return to the original. Re edit the original. And save it under a new name as well. This minimises the JPEG compression, by not saving the same file over and over again. And you can also edit the photo as many times as you can with minimal JPEG compression.
                Sam Rudge
                A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

JPEG Compressoin

What about cases where you choose minimum compression and still get them rejected for this reason?

Comment

Chances are the original image wasnt very good quality, or you have a pathetic editing program.
                    Sam Rudge
                    A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

.... or the pic has been saved more than only once. As Clovis said, every time a pic is saved as JPG, the quality gets worse.

Gerardo
                      My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

In Adobe, what format option should we use.... Baseline Standard, Baseline Optimized or Progressive.... when we save the JPEG file?

Thanks,

Jamie E.

Comment

Working...
                        X