Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crop ratio for tall cropped Jetphotos

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Crop ratio for tall cropped Jetphotos

    Recently I stumbled upon a Jetphoto with a tall crop of a tower (https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/11332513), and noticed that there are also acceptable shots of aircraft silhouette if there is a sunset/sunrise behind it (https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/11323804). I want to combine these two aspects into one Jetphoto. However, I am unsure what crop ratio I should use for a tower shot. Anybody knows?

    ​​

  • #2
    Do you have some examples?

    Because if it's midday with clear blue sky it could be rejected for backlit.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Elias S View Post
      Recently I stumbled upon a Jetphoto with a tall crop of a tower (https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/11332513), and noticed that there are also acceptable shots of aircraft silhouette if there is a sunset/sunrise behind it (https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/11323804). I want to combine these two aspects into one Jetphoto. However, I am unsure what crop ratio I should use for a tower shot. Anybody knows?

      ​​
      Anything between 4:3 and 16:9 (or 3:4 - 9:16) is acceptable as a ratio.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by SpotterCuba View Post
        Do you have some examples?

        Because if it's midday with clear blue sky it could be rejected for backlit.
        Sorry, I can't figure out how to attach a photo here.
        The sky is pinkish/purplish, with the sun set towards the bottom right of the screen (not directly behind the tower). It is quite late in the sunset.
        Do you think it could be accepted?​

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Elias S View Post

          Sorry, I can't figure out how to attach a photo here.
          The sky is pinkish/purplish, with the sun set towards the bottom right of the screen (not directly behind the tower). It is quite late in the sunset.
          Do you think it could be accepted?​
          Possibly, it would depend on the quality.

          As most of you have probably noticed, the forums have been buggy the past ~week or so, first being slow to load, and now not allowing images to be directly attached to posts. We have made the issues known to FR24, but so far they have obviously not fixed the problems. As such, I would like to request that you refrain from

          Comment


          • #6
            I was uploading something today and noticed that the "Jetphotos" watermark given after submitting can be moved to locations on the picture that can obstruct or alter the image in some way (for example: using the watermark to cover the rego or airline name or using it to cover an airline logo which may confuse people not familiar with aviation). Can a photo be rejected for this reason?

            Comment


            • #7
              Check 6.9 in the upload guidelines. Yes, if it is too obtrusive it may be rejected.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by nsxr_ View Post
                Check 6.9 in the upload guidelines. Yes, if it is too obtrusive it may be rejected.
                I see, do you happen to know what the rejection reason will be in the rejection email?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Elias S View Post

                  I see, do you happen to know what the rejection reason will be in the rejection email?
                  Watermark.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I have a photo on an airport overview but that day was completely overcast with little sunlight, will contrast be an issue here? and for airport overviews does the airport have to be lit with direct sunlight?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Elias S View Post
                      I have a photo on an airport overview but that day was completely overcast with little sunlight, will contrast be an issue here? and for airport overviews does the airport have to be lit with direct sunlight?
                      Can't really comment without seeing an image.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X