Help needed with rejected images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed with rejected images

Hello! I just got two images rejected that I was convinced would make it, and it would be very helpful if someone could please outline the problems with them, since from a pure photography standpoint they are great, so I'm unsure what exactly to change to make it fit jetphotos taste. Thank you!

Click image for larger version

Name:	070A7494-2-2.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	1193269

​​Click image for larger version

Name:	070A7141-2-3-2.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	665.5 KB
ID:	1193268
    Attached Files

It would help if you put the rejected image reasons. But I assume it'll be to do with contrast, with the grey background its very hard to get photos accepted because of the light quality.
    I think the crop is too tight on both as well. The first image you have cropped off the rear rotor disc, you could have widened to allow the full disk in view. Same with the second image, you've cropped off the rear tail rotor disk.

not a screener

Comment

Originally posted by JamesDC152 View Post
      It would help if you put the rejected image reasons. But I assume it'll be to do with contrast, with the grey background its very hard to get photos accepted because of the light quality.
      I think the crop is too tight on both as well. The first image you have cropped off the rear rotor disc, you could have widened to allow the full disk in view. Same with the second image, you've cropped off the rear tail rotor disk.

not a screener
      Rejection reasons were contrast and "bad processing". Also bad info, that's probably because I marked them as military (maybe one of the screeners can also answer whether or not the Border Guard is civilian/military)

Crop isn't a problem, many images are cropped like that, and I don't really see where the alleged bad processing comes in.

I also saw that another picture from the SAME DAY with the same lighting of the helicopter stationary on the ground, so it would reeeally help if someone could point out what that image has that mine don't.

Thanks for the help!

Edit: the Border Guard is a military organisation lead by the ministory of interior but commanded by the head of state as the commander of the armed forces, so it is literally half civilian half military. A clarification of the screeners would help a lot

Comment

Name:	Screenshot 2024-07-10 112050.png
Views:	204
Size:	174.8 KB
ID:	1193290There's something weird going on here.

Comment

Originally posted by jakerepp View Post

Name:	Screenshot 2024-07-10 112050.png
Views:	206
Size:	174.8 KB
ID:	1193290There's something weird going on here.
          not sure what's weird about a rotor blade xD
          unless you mean something else

Comment

Originally posted by goodtimewithtoby View Post

not sure what's weird about a rotor blade xD
            unless you mean something else
            There's some weird black shadowing around it. Like an artifact from bad masking or something.

Comment

There's some weird black shadowing around it. Like an artifact from bad masking or something.
              it's ... a rotor blade, mate...

Comment

Hello! I just got two images rejected that I was convinced would make it, and it would be very helpful if someone could please outline the problems with them, since from a pure photography standpoint they are great, so I'm unsure what exactly to change to make it fit jetphotos taste. Thank you!
                Strong editing halos visible, as pointed out around the rotors for example. You come for advice, but are quick to dismiss it, maybe not the best approach.

Comment

Looks ok to me. You can see one rotor blade pointing directly towards the photographer (below the rotor hub), and the opposite rotor blade directly behind the white rotor hub (causing that dark area around it).

Comment

Edit: the Border Guard is a military organisation lead by the ministory of interior but commanded by the head of state as the commander of the armed forces, so it is literally half civilian half military. A clarification of the screeners would help a lot
                    I'm not a screener, but what I usually do is mark the aircraft as 'Civilian' if it carries a civilian registration (as Finnish Border Guard ones do).

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post

I'm not a screener, but what I usually do is mark the aircraft as 'Civilian' if it carries a civilian registration (as Finnish Border Guard ones do).
                      Same thing i do, I would mark it as military, But i may be wrong. But this isn't Airforce, Navy, Etc.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Strong editing halos visible, as pointed out around the rotors for example. You come for advice, but are quick to dismiss it, maybe not the best approach.
                        I'm not "dismissing advice", yall just keep saying that there's "strong halos" when it's literally just a rotor blade and I've already stated this multiple times.

I really appreciate the feedback but just pointing out something that just objectively isn't there isn't gonna help me find out how exactly I meed to reedit the picture to have it accepted.
                        We already know it can't be the background, as another picture from the very same day already has been accepted.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post

Looks ok to me. You can see one rotor blade pointing directly towards the photographer (below the rotor hub), and the opposite rotor blade directly behind the white rotor hub (causing that dark area around it).
                          Agreed, its a rotor blade. Unsure where others are seeing Halos.

Comment

Views:	79
Size:	479.2 KB
ID:	1193386
                            As mentioned, editing halos visible in various locations including around rotor blades. They are objectively there whether you are able to easily discern them or not, and thus the bad processing rejection. You should re-edit so that there are no halos.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Views:	79
Size:	479.2 KB
ID:	1193386
                              As mentioned, editing halos visible in various locations including around rotor blades. They are objectively there whether you are able to easily discern them or not, and thus the bad processing rejection. You should re-edit so that there are no halos.
                              Thank you, finally some feedback I can work with.
                              Could you please also adress the genre/contrast issue?
                              Then I can post an update image for review.

Comment

Working...
                              X