Bad quality ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad quality ?

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

How can I improve this photo ? Looks alright to me.
    Nothing beats the feeling of flying.

My plane photos in Jetphotos.net

Use the sharpening tool in Photoshop to make the edges look less pixelated
    O'Hare - The Aviation God's greatest creation, or their greatest mistake? you be the judge!

Comment

Well it also appears to be a victim on JPEG compression. The sky seems very pixelated to my eyes.

I'd recommend starting from scratch, not applying as much sharpening, and only masking the aircraft. After this save at the highest quality JPEG file.

Comment

Originally posted by fallingeese
        Well it also appears to be a victim on JPEG compression. The sky seems very pixelated to my eyes.

I'd recommend starting from scratch, not applying as much sharpening, and only masking the aircraft. After this save at the highest quality JPEG file.
        How does one "mask the aircraft"?

Excuse my ignorance.
        Will F.
        Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Will: mask the sky, invert and then you will have only the aircraft/ground masked.

-Clovis

Comment

Clovis.. how do you exactly do the Masking and inverting options on PS?

Comment

Here Adam, guys:

1.Open the image ( I usually do this prior to resize, but didnt here to save time) and select the magic wand tool. Above there is a box that reads "Tolerance", set it around 15-20. More tolerance means more of a similar color will be selected, less means...less!

2. Click the wand on a blank portion of sky, free of noise if you can (otherwise it will only select a dot). In my first run I noticed that it failed to differentiate between the top antennae and some of the upper fuselage.

3. I thus decrease the Tolerance to around 10 and try again. (clicking within an area you have already selected will unselect it) This time I have more upper fuselage and the antennae, although a few pixels have not been selected under the wing. (no big deal)

4.Now go to SELECT->MODIFY->CONTRACT and click "CONTRACT". You will see this. Set it to 4 pixels.

5. The entire selection will now be contracted from the subject by 4 pixels. This way if you wanted to blur the sky to remove grain (use guassian blur @ radius 2 pixels) you could do so without blurring edges of the subject.

6.Now, head to SELECT, and hit INVERSE. The selection will be inversed from sky to subject. You can now USM the subject without touching the sky.

I used to do this alot with the C-730 before I discovered NeatImage

-Clovis

Comment

Great instructions Clovis! You da man!
                Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Originally posted by PT737SWA
                  Great instructions Clovis! You da man!
                  Absolutely! Thanks a lot Clovis.
                  Will F.
                  Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

No problem guys. I tried to do a similar post awhile back but I double posted then accidentally deleted both...and was too lazy to do the whole thing over again!

-Clovis

Comment

yes, very helpfull, its a pit my unsharp is a peice of crap. Mayeb Ill just play around with it a bit more.
                      Sam Rudge
                      A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Hi guys, thanks for your advices.

I played around with the editting programme, the photo got accepted this time.

Nothing beats the feeling of flying.

My plane photos in Jetphotos.net

Comment

Working...
                        X