Rejected Twice...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejected Twice...

This photo has been rejected twice. The 1st time was oversaturation. So I fixed it. The 2nd time was "aircraft not in center of the frame."

Now if it had said BOTH errors the FIRST time, I wouldn't have had to submit it a THIRD time. Is the rejected pic more off-center than these?

[photoid=284208]
    [photoid=246074]
    [photoid=279413]

Geez we're talking maybe a 1/2 inch here.
    Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

you picture looks FINE! i dont know whoever rejected it, but they were probably on crack.

Comment

Nice shot, love the color...
      Look at the vertical spacing on your shot- the a/c is definitely closer to the bottom than the top. The other three shots you posted are nice and centered. The second one isn't really comparable as the plane on one side is balaced out by the tower on the other.
      Just my $.02 worth.
      George R. Widener
      Oshkosh, WI USA
      Aircraft Photos Here
      Railroad Pictures Here

Comment

The way it is cropped definetly takes away from the photo.
        Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

Originally posted by mikecweb
          The way it is cropped definetly takes away from the photo.
          If I had included more space below the plane, you'd see the perimeter fence. Should I submit it with part of the fence and see what happens? I figured that would be rejected for objects/clutter in the foreground.

Comment

Originally posted by pullin4u
            Nice shot, love the color...
            Look at the vertical spacing on your shot- the a/c is definitely closer to the bottom than the top. The other three shots you posted are nice and centered. The second one isn't really comparable as the plane on one side is balaced out by the tower on the other.
            Just my $.02 worth.
            I think on the 3rd shot the plane is definitely higher in the frame, even more off-center than the one I'm protesting. And by the way, this is not targeted at you, pullin4u, but whatever happened to the rule of thirds? I guess that doesn't apply here...?

Comment

Ya fences are hard to deal with...I've seen some shots get approved lately that have a fence at the bottom...and I've even got a few in that way.
              [photoid=236849]
              [photoid=236842]
              [photoid=236845]
              It seems to be a hit or miss thing, though, depending on who is screening. Personally I try to avoid them...but...sometimes there isn't a choice.
              If your shot is cropped the way it is due to the fence (ie: you had to include more "dead space" above the a/c than below to meet the 1024 x XXX height requirement) I don't see much option other than including the fence...UNLESS you can clone it out in Photoshop or PSP somehow.
              I dunno.
              George R. Widener
              Oshkosh, WI USA
              Aircraft Photos Here
              Railroad Pictures Here

Comment

Originally posted by pullin4u
                Ya fences are hard to deal with...I've seen some shots get approved lately that have a fence at the bottom...and I've even got a few in that way.
                [photoid=236849]
                [photoid=236842]
                [photoid=236845]
                It seems to be a hit or miss thing, though, depending on who is screening. Personally I try to avoid them...but...sometimes there isn't a choice.
                If your shot is cropped the way it is due to the fence (ie: you had to include more "dead space" above the a/c than below to meet the 1024 x XXX height requirement) I don't see much option other than including the fence...UNLESS you can clone it out in Photoshop or PSP somehow.
                I dunno.
                Thanks! Since some have been approved with fences, I think I'll go for it when I get home.

Comment

As long as the fences don't cover part of the aircraft, it's not really a problem. The screener simply CAN NOT KNOW, that you cropped the pic that way to avoid a fence on the bottom.

As already mentioned, on this pic, the space above the aircraft is too distracting. Otherwise, nice shot!!

Cheers
                  Gerardo
                  My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

This is the full version. Good enough?

Comment

I think that will be acceptable, the fence is out of the way of the aircraft and goes no higher than the buildings and trees.
                      Sam Rudge
                      A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

In #1 thy sky has a reddish cast...in the original it has a greenish cast.

-Clovis

Comment

Try clone tooling out the fence, not too difficult.

-Aldo

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86
                            In #1 thy sky has a reddish cast...in the original it has a greenish cast.

-Clovis
                            #1 was "manipulated" for color.
                            #2 was natural. Hey it's summer in Dallas, what can I say?

Comment

Sorry, even in the summer I have never seen a green sky...

Sometimes maybe a slight red cast, but not green. I'm seeing this on two different monitors.

Why not just quickly adjust the color cast?

Takes 2 seconds in PS

-Clovis

Comment

Working...
                              X