How is this bad cropping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is this bad cropping?

I'm not here to rant or complain (this time) but I'd like to know how this is bad cropping when there is only a plane in a cloudy sky. I've seen a reason about the camera being too far away but that is not what this says. Any feedback would be great. Thanks.

Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

I probably would have cropped it tighter...but I don't see anything wrong with the cropping on this shot. Perhaps it should have been "subject too far away"? I do like the big, billowy clouds for a backdrop though.
    George R. Widener
    Oshkosh, WI USA
    Aircraft Photos Here
    Railroad Pictures Here

Comment

Can you get it cropped a little closer? I really like the shot even if you can't get closer. I would like to put this on my computer screen in my Ramp office.

I am sure the party was good, if I was off I would have been there with my wife, oh well!
      SET LOVE FREE!!

Comment

Originally posted by swaphx99
        Can you get it cropped a little closer? I really like the shot even if you can't get closer. I would like to put this on my computer screen in my Ramp office.

I am sure the party was good, if I was off I would have been there with my wife, oh well!
        If I crop closer and still want 1024 width I feel it loses too much quality.

Comment

Crop a little tighter and it should be fine.

I really like the photo, great angle!

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1219

Comment

It should be cropped tighter. If it looses too much quality, well, then put it in your personal collection and try again next time. There will be plenty of chances again....

Gerardo
            My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Cropping closer

Here's my two cents:

I do not agree with cropping tighter. The way the picture is right now I can feel the turning motion in the plane and I beleive if you take away some more sky the motion will be lost. Appeal it the way it is.

Comment

Sounds like the opinions are split. I appreciate the feedback.

Comment

The screen that us screeners look at is only one word descriptions for the rejection. A few months ago our screening layout was changed, so there has been a small bit of confusion amungst some of us as to what we see.

It may have been rejected for bad cropping, but to us that would be too far away.

Comment

Originally posted by fallingeese
                    It may have been rejected for bad cropping, but to us that would be too far away.
                    Ditto
                    Click Here for my aviation photographs.
                    No Frontiers

Comment

Working...
                    X