Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photography Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all,
    Im new to this uploading photos and having trouble getting them accepted,Their being rejected mainly because of being Too grainy.
    I scan them in at highest level then edit image size.
    I Using PSP8 to edit my pictures but as i sharpen them they lose abit of distortion.
    I Have been using Hue and Saturation and Brightness and contrast to brighten and edit them but their being rejected for being Too Grainy.

How can i edit this and upload my photos
    Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Hello mate. Without your name or a link I can't check out your photos to help you out!

Comment

go to neatimage.com and download it, it works miracles withe removing grain and as AJ said, a link would be helpful.
      Sam Rudge
      A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Sorry guys ill post few links and dl that program,Im new to this so having some problems so anyone who can help me be very much appreciated.

http://jetphotos.net/viewreject.php?id=301891.Whats Obstructing it anyway?

Comment

what kind of camera are you using?? They're bad quality sorry to say. too blurred (29801, 298012), too much grain (try running neatimage through it), backlight shots.

regarding qantas obstraction, it's the fencing. Colours are somewhat strange, maybe due to your Hue and Saturation and Brightness and contrast. Good luck next time.

Comment

What kind of scanner are you using?

Comment

Scanner is a Canon N67OU.I was scanning them at 2400 DPI.

Comment

Comment

WOW those pics have a lot of grain. Even mine dont have that much and im using a 2MP camera with no pics accepted. You might wanna switch over to digital... and invest in a good camera~
                  Only the dead have seen the end of the war-Plato

Comment

Originally posted by QFA747
                    Your scanner's highest OPTICAL resolution is 600 x 1200 dpi. If you scan at 2400dpi, it's only a software enlargement. You could achive the same result by scanning at 600x1200dpi and the resizing by 200% in your photo editing software.

So far for the technical aspect. But in my opinion, the biggest problem are your photos. They are very grainy. If you look at the pics, you will see, they are backlit. To achieve a somehow natural looking blue sky, the whole shot was uderexposed, causing lots of grain on those underexposed parts, as for example the fuselage.

Then, even if the pic would be technically perfect, as long as a part is cutt of, like the tail in the first rejected pic, it will get rejected. No need to waste a second in such a pic.

My tips: go out to the airport again on a good day. Look for a spot, where you have the sun on your back and start shooting with different settings. Remember the settings and compare the results. Scan the best pics with your scanner and look again at the results. Then, keep on practicing.

Cheers
                    Gerardo
                    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Thanks for that LX A343 ill take that in next time i go spotting.Just what exactly is Grain and how it impacts the Pictures like overexposure or under expose and Sun can effect the Quality of the Shot?

Comment

Just another Quick Question one of u pro's could help me with.
                        Im using Kodak 400 Max film and was reading they may be high in grain?
                        Should i Swap to maybe 200 or something?

Comment

Assuming you have a 35mm camera, I would suggest switching to Fuji Reala film; this is rated at ISO 100. Most pro photographers use Fuji Film of some description. But the most important thing is to use the slowest film speed you can as this will reduce grain. Some would say slides are better and with this you can go down to an ISO rating of 50 (I believe) but then scanning with a flatbed scanner is not so easy with slides.

Also when using negative film make sure you scan from large prints of at least 7.5x5 inches.

(NB I am not a pro photographer, just an enthusiastic amateur.)

Comment

Grain can either be caused by underexposure, film quality or scanning.

As mentioned, use ISO100 films to reduce grain. But even then, print scans are grainier, than slide or negative scans with dedicated slide scanners.

Also, try to use correct exposure settings. I remember, that I sometimes even overexposed while using prints.

Gerardo
                            My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

I dont know if this helps but the first picture here was taken using kodak Gold rated at ISO200, spot the grain and the high contrast.

[photoid=276319]

This was taken the same day using Fuji Reala rated at ISO 100

[photoid=280713]

Both photos are flat bed scanned and processed through PS Elements and Neat image. The second has slightly less grain. The result is slightly distorted by the use of a scanner and neat image, ( there is a clear differnce on the prints) but I hope it is enough to make the point about film speed.

Comment

Working...
                              X