X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Motive ?

Hi all,

I got this photo rejected 2 times.

At the first time, i know it's my fault as it was unlevel, but after i corrected it and re-uploaded, the rejection changed to bad motive, nevertheless they never gave that reason at the first time, just the horizon unlevel...

So, is this really a bad motive shot ?? Your views please... and if so, why not just reject it by this reason in the first place ?? Or does this have to do with the screener ?? What one finds good or borderline, the other finds unacceptable.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Thanks for your input
    Regards

Photo looks fine to me...I actually LIKE that angle

Comment

So do I, but it is not a nose shot which is what you have put in the comments field which means that couldn't tell what you were trying to show us with this shot.

Matt
      My gallery of transport and travel pictures.

Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!

Comment

Thatīs my favorite angle of the "not standard" pictures..great picture,Francisco!

Since I donīt want to post another topic to the same rejection reason,I would ask Francisco to leave a little space for my question..
        Why this artistic shot is considerated Bad Motive?

My photos on Jetphotos.net

Renato

Comment

Why this artistic shot is considerated Bad Motive?
          Uh, artistic? I hate to burst your bubble but that isn't quite the definition of artistic...neat idea though, just not executed properly.

It gets bad motive mainly because it is rather unappealing to look at. The glare from the sun is distracting, and it would seem to be a rather awkward framing job.

Comment

Slightly backlit too...looks like the sun was very high.

Would have been much nicer in better light.

-Clovis

Comment

Guys,

Thanks for the input... This way we can always hope to learn something from our mistakes.

About this not being a nose shot, you're right, it's more a front half shot... I just thought it wouldn't be that decisive this description... I know now that this is not what's commonly called nose shot, but it was my way of distinguishing it from a full plane shot... my mistake... At least i have learned something, which is nice...

As for the glare, although the sun was really high (taken at 1300 hrs), i don't find it such unapealling... but it's just my view. Of course it would benefit from better light, but that shot was there at that time...

Fallingease, you also mentioned a strange framing... if you don't mind, can you advice on framing this one better ? My idea was to show the front of the aircraft and i was limited by the wing, as i didn't want to cut it in half (what in my view would have been even worse). So what i got was a front shot from the nose to the base of the wing...
              Regards

Comment

I was commenting more on Renatos photograph than yours.

In my opinion the angle you took it at is a tricky thing to do. I find it is either hit or miss, there is no middle ground. For it to be successful it must be a tight crop to the nose, and a tight crop to the end of wing, as you have done. That being said it still does seem awkward, and I think this might be because the photo was taken later than it maybe should have to achieve the desired effect. I usually try not to do that angle unless I am going for something dramatic...

[photoid=338586]
                [photoid=338317]
                [photoid=333659]

Comment

fallingeese,I understand you now..thanks for the answer,I just thought I could take pics in like,different angles..but thatīs ok!

Renato

Comment

Don't get discouraged, keep trying new angles, it's what makes photography so much fun.

Different angles work better with different aircraft. I'm sure your photo would look great if it were on a 747.

Comment

fallingeese,

Iīll keep trying,but itīs the second against the sun rejected photo.So I think that theese kind of pics will be only for my personal collection!

I just feel VERY restricted about photography because my camera(DSC-P8 3.2 MP 39-117MM in 35MM format) canīt do a LOT of things I would like..but maybe,after a possible upgrade to a Finepix S5000 Iīll be more free..

BTW,Iīm visiting your site for the first time right now and wow,keep the good work!I loved the photos and the videos

Renato

Comment

Fallingease,

I was commenting more on Renatos photograph than yours
                        Ahh... ok... i see now. At first i missed Renato's link to the photo, mistook it for some signature link...

It all makes sense to me now... So, in your opinion that picture lacks drama I suppose you're right, nevertheless the intention was to show the livery. But that is a completely personal view, right ?? I mean, some other screener might have passed this shot to the database... This is also a job where you put a personal stamp in everything you do... it's unavoidable, i guess...

Thanks
                        Regards

Comment

Though if you were aiming to show the livery, there is so much deadspace after the title. I would almost wonder what it would like like if it were cropped at the back end of the engine rather that the end of the wing assembly....

Comment

Working...
                          X