Sharpening Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharpening Question

I really like this photo (cropped), so I'd like it to "look its best". My eyes are playing tricks on me, and I can't decide which looks better.

Sharper:

Softer:
    Sharper
    100.00%
    Softer
    0.00%
    Will F.
    Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

I like the bottom version better- if you look at the number on the front gear doors it is clearer in the bottom photo than the top.
    That said, the cropping job on the upper photo is better as you can see the entire "Air Canada"sign in the background at the plane's rear. The lower one has an ever-so-slight portion of the "A" cropped off. A minor thing, but it was actually one of the first things my eye noticed.
    Overall, nice shot. You're doing well with the 300D.
    George R. Widener
    Oshkosh, WI USA
    Aircraft Photos Here
    Railroad Pictures Here

Comment

Both look almost the same to me. Either one is good.

Nice shot

Comment

I like the bottom one...its seems a bit clearer
        ***My Blog***

Comment

The bottom one seems to be the sharper one...lol

The jaggies in the wing flap gaps are more easily defined, as are the cockpit windows.

-Clovis

Comment

Thanks for all the opinions. I'll wait a little longer, since the poll is tied right now.

Clovis, so which one do you think is better?

George, if I do use the 2nd one, I'll recrop it.
            Will F.

Comment

Eh Clov, look at the regs on both, doesn't the top one look sharper? or maybe it's because I'm looking at it on my laptop's LCD...dunno...
              "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Strange...if everyone likes the bottom one better, why are all the votes going to the top?
                Will F.

Comment

I like the top one, though I think the best would be selective sharpening. Between the two photos not all of the details require the extra kick. To my eyes the Air Canada on the top one really jumps out at me...something I like, but as Clovis had mentioned jaggies are appearing in the most frequent places.

Comment

Top one is better...both would be accepted...and the top one will look like the bottom one after the upload page applies compression

Comment

The top one, definitely I prefer sharp photos

Dale

Comment

Thanks for all the replys.
                        Top one it is!
                        Will F.

Comment

Working...
                        X