Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAVE THIS PICTURE! HELP WANTED!!

Hello all.

On WED sept 8th, a very rare plane arrived to UIO for a unique ocasion. An IBERWORLD A333 landed at UIO at 5:30 in a very bad climate....... as soon as I saw it from my terrace I rushed and got the information of the departure times etc. This plane brought Deported Ecuadorian imigrants from spain, and this would be the only time it would come!

At 6:30 when light is terrible at UIO I went to UIO and got a shot of it! THEY ARE NOT GOOD! They taxied so fast, i got a bad shot, but one, I think has chance to be saved.

Please, any one, try to save this unique picture of mine! I really want it because its a picture i wont get again....... so please, any one help me out by editing it and if any one fixes it, ill be very happy and include their name in the remark. Please, if you want to, download the picture and edit it, and send it to

[email protected]

THIS IS THE ORIGINAL, downsized a little so it can be cropped
    http://www.pix8.net/pro/pic/620TiiYQ/101629.jpg

THANKS!!

Stefano.
    UIO Spotter #1 - Ecuador aviation photography at its best!

[email protected]

Stefano,
    Here is a quick attempt. Main problem is that the photo is not sharp...and sharpness is not something that you can really add in editing. You can make a sharp photo sharper, but really can't make a slightly blurry image sharp...
    I realize that the lighting was poor, and I think you did pretty good under the circumstances. I can't say I'd expect it to get accepted into the database, I'm afraid. One for the personal collection.

George R. Widener
    Oshkosh, WI USA
    Aircraft Photos Here
    Railroad Pictures Here

Comment

After playing with the picture a little bit, I have to say, it's probably something for your personal collection. I understand, that this pic may be important for you, but lookt at it the other way: It's a simple Iberworld A330, taken from a rather bad angle. So, the loss isn't that big. Concentrate on your next chance.

Gerardo
      My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

I can only repeat what I told you in the other forum Stefano. Keep it in your private collection...the quality just is not good enough and cant be recreated with any amount of editing...
        greetings,
        Philip

Comment

Hey Guys.

Well, i guess your right. too bad, i hope you understand why it was special for me. We dont get many good stuff at UIO, i mean, rare stuff, thats all. Thanks a bunch for trying! Take care all.
          UIO Spotter #1 - Ecuador aviation photography at its best!

[email protected]

Comment

I a play as well

Yep its a tricky one for sure.

Jid

Comment

Nice result, Jid! Even if it shows the limits of the original pic as well.

Gerardo

Comment

nice one Jid. Anyway I think the use of neatimage on this photo (I assume you used it) makes the background especially the hills look washed-out..
                greetings,
                Philip

Comment

It is always going to be tricky using Neat Image on pictures taken in mist or rain. The light is never going to be good plus grain caused from using higher ISO settings. I tend to take the view that it is the aircraft that I am trying to improve and the background is secondary.

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=345609

Of course both would always be best

Jid.

Comment

WOW! Nice one, Jid!!

In that case, the background is indeed less important. In Stefano's pic it's a bit different, as it shows many details, IMO.

Gerardo

Comment

Posted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 12:14 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is always going to be tricky using Neat Image on pictures taken in mist or rain. The light is never going to be good plus grain caused from using higher ISO settings. I tend to take the view that it is the aircraft that I am trying to improve and the background is secondary.

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=345609
                      Great to see good results from someone who is not just a fair weather photographer. !!!

Comment

Great to see good results from someone who is not just a fair weather photographer. !!!
                        Some people might just call me daft !!

Comment

Originally posted by jid
                          Some people might just call me daft !!
                          Hey, it's Manchester... It always rains

Nice shot Jid

Comment

Working...
                          X