help with this sunset photo please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with this sunset photo please

Could someone tell me how to get this photo acceptable? This is my second try to upload it. The first attempt was refused, but had the advice to crop the plane a bit more tightly. So I did, but now it is refused for being "bad-motive".

Please visit my website! http://www.schipholspotter.com/

Don't make me use uppercase...

hmmm I would have accepted it...
    greetings,
    Philip

Comment

nice shot. i take pretty good sunset shots too. i dont see anything wrong with it really, though i'm not a screener.

-ryan-

Comment

I like it.
        Will F.
        Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

I miss a little bit the color intensity of other sunset shots. In my opinion, it's a bit on the borderline. But as said, that's my personal opinion.

Gerardo
          My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Did you appeal? I would if I were you, I don't see the bad motive myself.

Matt
            My gallery of transport and travel pictures.

Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!

Comment

I can agree with the rejection. I don´t like the treeline (?) in the background. The aircraft should have been above the trees, so the lower part of the picture is very dark.

Comment

I rejected it cos IMHO its neither here nor there. Its not a lit shot, neither is it a silhouette shot.

Why badmotive? Maybe if you ticked the artistic category, I wouldnt have been asking myself what you're trying to show.

Comment

Which reminds of something I always wanted to ask. Whne do you chekc the artistic category.

For example I have an inentionally backlit shot in the queque, in which I compensate the backlightning with a fillflash. So the plane is not dark. Would that be a shot for that category ??

Comment

Originally posted by seahawk
                    Which reminds of something I always wanted to ask. Whne do you chekc the artistic category.

For example I have an inentionally backlit shot in the queque, in which I compensate the backlightning with a fillflash. So the plane is not dark. Would that be a shot for that category ??
                    difficult to say when you're just describing it, but it doesnt sound like one that fits. Again, artistic is something thats VERY subjective.

EG of Artistic (IMHO):

[photoid=353585]
                    [photoid=352197]

Comment

How come this one can get accepted and be a screener choice, and the other rejected?

[photoid=353826]

I know one is more orange, but the other has more shape.

Comment

Probably because we are in a grey area, where no real scientific guidelines can be fixed.

BTW, could you please change the pic in your sig as in http://www.jetphotos.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5198 ?

Thanks

Gerardo
                        My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

I think the second picture is better because of the lights the plane has turned on and because of the motion blur effect.

Yours is not bad, that is not what I´m saying.

Comment

Originally posted by seahawk
                            I think the second picture is better because of the lights the plane has turned on and because of the motion blur effect.

Yours is not bad, that is not what I´m saying.
                            No problem, the 2nd is mine as well!

I can see the point Tsentsan is making about it being neither a silhouette nor a true sunset. At least now I know what to do during the next sunset. This was only my first try at shooting sunsets so all in all I am still quite pleased with the results.

Thanks for all you help and kind words!
                            Please visit my website! http://www.schipholspotter.com/

Don't make me use uppercase...

Comment

Not me who rejected but I can see a white border at the bottom of the shot (just above the copyright bar).

I would suggest removing the border and re-submitting the shot.

Regards

Garry
                              Garry Lewis

Air Team Images - www.airteamimages.com
                              Air Traffic Controller - Toronto ACC (West Low)

https://flic.kr/ps/AAWk8

Comment

Working...
                              X