• Show
Clear All

• Does This Picture Have A Chance?

Should I upload this one. Opinions?

Bruce
    View my photos at JP.Net
    Home Airport: Jackson - Evers Int'l (JAN) - Jackson, MS
    Camera: Canon 50D, 100-400L/17-85 lenses

Nice picture but I would say it is a bit lacking in the contrast department.
    Try upping this a little bit but without making the wheels and engine mouth look too dark.

Incidentally there appears to be some kind of cast in the bottom right over the middle gear. Not sure if you can do anyhting about that. Perhaps others more expert with photoshop can help there.

Comment

If you have photoshop try the magic wand to select the sky and make it a little darker. That will make the fuselage stand out more. You could also use a touch of Unsharp Mask.
      Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

agree with CJA, the right hand some has some wierd cast that makes the gear look brighter than the rest.

Other than that, its a little bit soft, so if you can sharpen and fix that cast problem, looks good.

I like this angle, wish we cld see more of such angles.

Comment

Yeah, I love the angle too. I really wish I could have gotten a GOOD shot from this angle. As for the lower right, that was from the processing and I can fix it or at least improve it. I was shooting thru a chain link fence and that was a dark area - blurred part of the chainlink. The contrast is from mid day shooting. I hope I can get one before these opportunities are gone...
          View my photos at JP.Net
          Home Airport: Jackson - Evers Int'l (JAN) - Jackson, MS
          Camera: Canon 50D, 100-400L/17-85 lenses

Comment

Working...
          X