Now I'm really confused!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now I'm really confused!

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

This was rejected for the following reasons: Subject too far away, horizon unlevel & bad info. I'm just wondering if he's looking at the same picture I submitted. I appealed & the appeal was also rejected.

Here is my take:

1. The airplane cannot possibly be too far away

2. There is no horizon in the picture to speak of

3. the reg is obviously correct, as is the airline name, & the aircraft type was auto-filled & is an A320

So what's up? If the screener didn't like the picture, I can live with that, but I don't understand the reasons given for rejection.

Try putting in Airbus A320-200

Rotate a little bit (.5-1 degreees) to the right

That's my personal observations...feel free to correct/add any
    Check out my photos at jp.net! http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=613

Comment

Hi Laxet,

I think I should be able to help you out here.
      1. cropping wise it does have a feel that the main point of the picture, that being the winglet and tail is actually rather small in the entire spectrum of the image.
      2. The lamp posts on the bottom right of the frame have a distinct lean to them. Though this could be more of a wide angle trick. I can't tell since I can't see the bottom left corner.
      3. It's improper form for the aircraft type. A 2 second search on the site would yeild the proper manufacturer code.

Comment

i feel your pain.
        welcome to the they-never-post-any-of-my-pictures club.

how about this?
        www.airplanegeek.com

I'm looking for anything and everything Air 21 related

Comment

Originally posted by fallingeese
          Hi Laxet,

I think I should be able to help you out here.
          1. cropping wise it does have a feel that the main point of the picture, that being the winglet and tail is actually rather small in the entire spectrum of the image.
          2. The lamp posts on the bottom right of the frame have a distinct lean to them. Though this could be more of a wide angle trick. I can't tell since I can't see the bottom left corner.
          3. It's improper form for the aircraft type. A 2 second search on the site would yeild the proper manufacturer code.
          Thanks for your input. I'm not sure I agree with #1, but I see your point. If you look at the power poles under the aircraft, they are straight up & down. So does one correct for an illusion of straightness or what one believes to be truly level? As for the a/c type, I'm new here. I assumed that what came up in the auto-fill would be acceptable to the screeners. Otherwise, I'm not sure of what use it is. You are right, though. A two second search would resolve it. I plead ignorance.

As far as cropping, are you saying that I should trim out the wing & horizontal stabilizer & only show the tail & wing fence? I'm not exactly sure how else to crop this shot.

Comment

Originally posted by airplanegeek
            i feel your pain.
            welcome to the they-never-post-any-of-my-pictures club.

how about this?
            I can't complain that they don't post any of my pictures. I've actually done quite well (probably about 90% accepted). I just didn't understand this rejection.

Comment

Tough one....! Personally I'd have accepted it (with the correct A/C type that is ). The pic is a bit tricky, as the poles on the right corner can mislead the eye due to the wide angle effect.

It's one of those artisitic shots, which one likes or not. As a screener, we don't only have to "like" it, we also have to judge, if it is up to the db standards, or not.

I'd say, don't give up trying different things and upload them.

Cheers
              Gerardo
              My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Looks cool to me. Awfull hard for us without access to ever catch Jamaica at LAX...what were they doing there in the middle of the day?

-Clovis

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86
                  Looks cool to me. Awfull hard for us without access to ever catch Jamaica at LAX...what were they doing there in the middle of the day?

-Clovis
                  Actually, they are fairly regular, but always at a gate. This one sat at the new Mercury for several days. I figured it was sitting out Charley or Ivan or whoever was there at the time.

Comment

Hmmm...everytime I have seen them it has been after sunest and then a 12:30am departure or something similar.

Interesting.

-Clovis

Comment

Damn your avatars are confusing! :P

I really like the "re-edit" that was posted where its JUST the tail and winglet. the lamp posts and crap in the background REALLY detract from the image!.. Nice subject nevertheless

-Adam

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaASA16
                        Damn your avatars are confusing! :P

-Adam
                        We're representin'

-Clovis

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86
                          Hmmm...everytime I have seen them it has been after sunest and then a 12:30am departure or something similar.

Interesting.

-Clovis
                          Yes, that's true, but they are at the gate *regularly* after sunset.

Comment

i like the shot, wld have instant accepted it. the lamposts being at the edge of the image, and is slanted probably due to the wide angle effect.

all of us screeners have different likes and dislikes, whilst we try to be consistent, sometimes, its just a little tough.

Comment

Working...
                            X