Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London City Airport - Unlevel Horizon Help

Hi,

I have a bunch of shots from LCY that I was planning to upload. I upload a few to start with and 2 from the same angle were rejected. Both of them had the unlevel horizon reasons. One of them was also a little soft so I understand that.

My concern though is getting the unlevel horizon issue fixed. As I thought I had done the right thing by making sure all of the lamp posts and building in the background were straight. So I appealled and was told to rotate the photo.

I've rotated the photo but then the background looks weird. Can I have your advise on this photo as to what should be taking presendence the foreground or the background?

I'd like to get my other 20 shots of different aircraft uploaded successfully so you advice is appreciated.

MTIA.
    My Photos

Looks good to me. Always try to use vertical lines as a reference tool.

Comment

If you've got Photoshop 7 or CS, theres a tool on there which helps you to level out the photo. Heres the link which guides you through it -

http://www.jetphotos.net/forums/view...hlight=#156713

If you haven't got Photoshop 7 or CS then unfortunately I don't think you'll be able to use this feature. LCY is an airport which is surrounded by alot of scenery. So try and level the photo out by using a building, lamp-post, etc.

Hope this helps

Dale

Comment

Dale,it isnīt just on CS..I use this tool on my Photoshop(7.0).
        My photos on Jetphotos.net

Renato

Comment

If you've got Photoshop 7 or CS, theres

Dale,it isnīt just on CS..I use this tool on my Photoshop(7.0).
          :P

Comment

hehe ....

Comment

Will F.
              Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

My photos on Jetphotos.net

Renato

Comment

the light poles on both the right and left sides of the photo are perfectly straight...soooooooooooo...the plane is taxiing on an uneven surface.
                  www.airplanegeek.com

I'm looking for anything and everything Air 21 related

Comment

I would try rotating clockwise -- say 0.1 of a degree, 0.2 max -- and see if it makes a perceptible improvement. Sometimes just that much can make a photo look better when seen as a whole, whereas if you're concentrating on fuzzy background verticals you wouldn't see the difference either way.

But you certainly can't use the horizontals as a reference-point on a photo like this, and if that's what the screeners are saying I disagree. The foreshortened perspective produced by a zoom or telephoto lens can make horizontals very misleading when they are at an angle to the photographer (like both plane and riverbank in this photo) -- even if the ground is perfectly level.

Comment

Working...
                    X