Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some rejects

Y

If its any consolation, I voted to accept 1-3. Although the Aer Lingus looks heavily Neat Imaged. Too much is bad.

I think the KLM looks okay.

Spanair you didn't check special sheme, and being taken at sunset is really not an excuse, looks Neat Imaged then over sharpened.

-Clovis

Comment

Re: Some rejects

Just my opinion here:

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject.php?id=402116
      Overexposed & digitally manipulated?
      In my opinon this is a good picture.
      Too much contrast and some weird halos, for example around the engines (hence the "manipulated" reason)
      http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject.php?id=402124
      Bad motive? Why? I like those wing views
      You like them, the screeners didn't . It's boderline, but I would have rejected as well, also because the pic is too dark

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject.php?id=402127
      Ok maybe a little soft, but overexposed?
      The white parts don't show any details anymore. Look for example at the engine. Now, perhaps this can be corected using the "levels". Without having a look at the original I can't give a definitive advice.

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject.php?id=402131
      Overexposed? Ok it is almost a white plane so it looks like a litte bit overexposed.
      Again, the white parts don't show any details anymore.

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject.php?id=402120
      Bad quality? Photo was taken in the last sun rays of the day.
      A nice pic, but again, some weird halos, for example around the tail. Also, if you can brighten it up a bit, it may help.

Hope this helps

Gerardo
      My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Slides are still the best way to learn photography. You learn correct exposure the hard way. Once overexposed, there's no correction possible anymore

Digital cameras have the advantage of a wider dynamic range. I'd say, these pics above could have probably been better, if taken with a digicam. On the other hand, re-scanning those slides and starting from scratch could give you better results, now that you know, what to look at.

Anyway, let's show your digipics in November

Gerardo

Comment

Re: Some rejects

Originally posted by thunderchief
          You're thoughts on these rejects:

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Overexposed & digitally manipulated?
          In my opinon this is a good picture.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Bad motive? Why? I like those wing views

Ok maybe a little soft, but overexposed?

Overexposed? Ok it is almost a white plane so it looks like a litte bit overexposed.

Bad quality? Photo was taken in the last sun rays of the day.
          My opinions:

#1: I'd say slightly over-exposed but not enough to "ruin" the photo. There does seem to be a funny "halo" around the aircraft though ...

#2: I'd appeal. I like the motive and the photo.

#3: Again "slightly" overexposed. Next time try step down 1/3 eV to correct this. And I agree it could use an extra zap of USM

#4: Definitely overexposed, as it looks pretty washed-out. Do the same as in #3 next time to correct this (or use a faster shutter speed). Be careful with the noise reduction on this one as well ... the mountain in the background looks like it was over Neat(image)-ified

#5: There's that funny halo again (around the tail area). Looks a bit noisy as well.

All in all, some really nice pics and with a few tweaks to your settings the next time at the 'port, you'll have the quality the site is after.
          ________
          MERCEDES-BENZ CLC-CLASS SPECIFICATIONS

Comment

Andries, just out of curiosity: what camera are you using? what film and settings? (My old days of slide-shooting are calling me )

Gerardo

Comment

Originally posted by thunderchief
              I will take the step to digital in November when the new Minolta Dynax 7 Digital is released, but from that point I will still continue to take shots on my 'old' Dynax 5 or even older Dynax 5000i camera. So that have both digital and slides.
              That's what I thought, when I bought my first digital camera (Sony F707). Guess what? I have never ever taken any analog picture anymore.

But, I still have my older EOS 30 and EOS RT and the more I see them, the more I want to take some slides again. I'll give it a try, when I make my next batch of ramp shots.

Gerardo

Comment

Working...
              X