Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Photoshop

Hey,

Im sitting here working through some photos, and whenever I use a editing tool, like usm, curves, brightness/contrast, whatever... i keep getting this message saying, "Could not complete the command because the scratch disks are full."

Has me throughly puzzeled

Any help would be fantastic

-Adam

I thought you said you fixed it?
    Will F.
    Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Reinstall
      Click Here for my aviation photographs.
      No Frontiers

Comment

Yeah try re-installing Photoshop Adam

BTW, I lurrvveee your sig Adam Very nice...

Comment

This error message suggests your very short on disk space. If you have another drive on your machine you can point your scratch disk at that via edit-> preferences -> plugins & scratch disks. A scratch disk is only a temp file storeage area like pagefile.sys within windows and is used to do the storage of temp files when your memory is full. Hope this is clearer than mud ! ..

PS I love your sig too !!!

Jid.

Comment

possibly your HDD may be alittle full??? Used to happen to me with 100MB remaining on the HDD....
            E-Mail Me - My Photo's - My Photographer Profile

Comment

Originally posted by jid
              This error message suggests your very short on disk space. If you have another drive on your machine you can point your scratch disk at that via edit-> preferences -> plugins & scratch disks. A scratch disk is only a temp file storeage area like pagefile.sys within windows and is used to do the storage of temp files when your memory is full. Hope this is clearer than mud ! ..

PS I love your sig too !!!

Jid.
              Which in turn means that there is proally alot of crap (spyware, useless programs, temp files, etc) hanging around on the computer. If the computer is cleaned out i'm pretty sure it would free up tons of space. The cleaning can be done manually or with certain programs designed for it.

Comment

'320, how can it be done manually?

I've got loads of [email protected] (unwanted ads etc) on my PC, just wondering if I can get rid, without using payware etc.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Tis fixed!

I just went to "My Computer" and right clicked and selected to delete temporary files! FIXED!

Dale,

THanks man! ... I love the full frame shot of this water. Took this shot when i was with Greg up at his home in Maryland in August! I told him that night, "Greg, this is going to be my avatar soon!"

THanks again everyone for all your help!

Adam

Comment

Dale, just go to download.com and download some spyware/adware removal programs.

Here are some good ones:
                    Ad-Aware
                    Spy-Bot Search and Destroy
                    CWShredder (if you have CoolWebSearch junk on your PC)
                    Will F.
                    Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Originally posted by EGCC
                      '320, how can it be done manually?

I've got loads of [email protected] (unwanted ads etc) on my PC, just wondering if I can get rid, without using payware etc.

Thanks in advance
                      Hey Dale,

For one try a disk clean up; that can be found in the harddisk properties and run that. Also go into windows and find the temp folder and make sure it's all empty and also windows XP has another temp folder in the folder "Documents and Settings" on "local disk C" it really depends on how your computer is configured as to where to find it. So you kinda have to look and know. Also run MSCONFIG and disable all background programs and services that aren't needed. Be careful, as many services are needed but also microsoft puts in many that just end up taking up resources. To do it manually you kinda have to "just know it" i tried my best to explain but it's kinda hard to explain.

Hope this helps somewhat

Comment

Spyware removal, try Spybot from
                        http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html
                        or
                        Ad-Aware from Lava-soft at
                        http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/
                        Both freeware

Comment

Thanks alot everyone.

A320, I got half of what you meant, but even you said yourself it's dodgy work and I don't really trust myself. Thanks anyway

Jid, I've installed and ran the Ad-Aware from Lava-soft thingy majig, and so far so good... No ads or other [email protected] have popped up

Thanks again - Dale.

Comment

To be safe back up all of your important files, burn them on a Zip drive, CD OR DVD. Its good practice to do this anyway all the time so if you ever need to rebuild your PC you wont lose your important stuff. Payware can always be reinstalled from your disk or from the net with your software licence number. If you lose key files that you have created yourself they’re gone forever if you don’t back them up.

Comment

Working...
                            X