Help please (again!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please (again!!)

Whoops don't think i did that right! Sorry. Same message again hopefully I'll do it properly this time! Originally this was rejected for being too soft. The screener advised to sharpen then submit again but this time it was rejected for being oversharpened and overexposed. Also is it better to upload images at as low a resolution as possible as some of mine have lost quality after upload I guess due to the compression jp uses. I notice from the preview of this post that the quality of the image has deteriorated again. It doesn't look anything like the original.Any advice appreciated for this newbie. Thanks
    (I think I'm going to get drunk now!!)

Like Gerardo said in the other post, can you please post a link to the actual reject photo? This way we know exactly what it was that made the screener reject it.
    Will F.
    Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

This is the first one that was rejected for being too soft.....

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

This is after I sharpened it.....

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Thanks

Comment

The first photo is indeed VERY soft. And the second one is quite oversharpened (note the cheatlines).

The photo you posted at the top of this thread is a big improvement. If you'd like to send me the original at [email protected] I'll see what I can do.
        Will F.

Comment

I see what you mean. Thanks for the offer. I'll send it to you now.

Comment

Here is my try. I lowered brightness, increased contrast, resized, and sharpened.

You may want to run that file through NeatImage now (I don't have that program installed).

I hope you like it.
            Will F.

Comment

Nice one. Looks much better. I'll try what you did. When you say you resized it what do you mean as it doesn't look like it's been cropped in any way?

Comment

Be careful, it might get rejected for being oversaturated. I'd cut the saturation down by a bit before uploading.

Comment

here is my horrific atempt at it :P

ps, does anyone know why i keep getting "jagies"?
                  ^----raveing lunatic

please excuse my horendus mangeling of the english language, its only my first :P

Comment

Thanks guys. I think I prefer Crazy's effort. The American in the background looks more natural. Anyway I've had another shot and uploaded a new attempt so hopefully with more luck. I'm still experimenting with a load more pics so I'll take on board the advice and keep at it. It's addictive this site!! I never thought I'd make use of the pics I took 15 years ago. Might have to dust off the ol' Canon once more!!

Comment

No, I did not crop the photo. Simply resized it to 877x600 px. Good luck with your new attempt.
                      Will F.

Comment

I got it rejected again. Is it worth retrying or shall I consign this one to my personal collection?

Comment

It looks much better, but simply not good enough. Take this as part of a learning experience, move on to the next pictures and watch your pics getting better with every attempt.

Gerardo
                          My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Working...
                          X