Fuji finepix s3000!!!! i need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuji finepix s3000!!!! i need help

i have the fuji finepix s3000 and i was wondering if you can buy lenses/teleconverts and if so how much

Sam, have a look on Fuji's web site (www.fujifilm.co.uk) and find your camera. I use the S7000 and I think it takes the same accessories as mine. I have the 1.5x teleconverter (TL-FX9B) which you can use on your camera. This will increase your zoom from the standard 6x to 9x (210 - 315mm). The RRP for the lens and adapter ring is 99, but I got mine for 82 so shop around. You can only use the lens on the upper side of the zoom range because you'll get lots of vignetting otherwise (tunnel effect).

Here's the lens fitted to my S7000.

Any questions, just ask.

Darren
    Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Hi there,

I too am wondering about the new lens' you can get. Ive seen a 2x tele converter on eBay for 49.99 or so, but Ive heard you loose image quality and sharpness when they are used. Is this true in your experiance, Darren??

I would really like to buy it, but if this is the case then im not 100% sure. The FinePix S series are really good cameras, I have the S3000 too, I think its great!

Sie!
      Simon A. Baskerville

Comment

When I had my Fuji S602 (well over a year ago now) I used the Fuji converter. It was expensive but there was no noticible drop in quality. I fear that if you buy a non branded version you will loose quality.
        The thing that annoyed me about the converter (and one of the reasons I dumped the camera) was the total lack of flexibility. You basically need to use it on max zoom all the time as if you zoomed out wide you get vignetting which kill the photos, and you spend half your time screwing the thing on and off, dropping it etc.

Comment

In my experience with the S7000 and converter lens, there is no loss of quality when using the converter lens. Before I got the converter, I looked at some of the cheaper and unbranded lenses and was a bit concerned over their quality. I didn't think it was worth the risk and opted for the Fuji lens which seemed to be a much better quality. I only use the converter lens in about 1/3 of my photography, but am very pleased with the results. Here are a few of my pictures taken using the lens.

[photoid=376109] [photoid=376114]

[photoid=346084] [photoid=364195]

[photoid=371164] [photoid=371163]

James has a valid point about having to keep screwing and unscrewing the lens on, it can be a bit of a pain especially if you need to do it quickly. I've found that if you know what is coming your way then its just a case of making a decision of if you need it or not. Vignetting ouccurs from about 2/3 of the way up the zoom range so if I think this will be too 'long' for the shot I require, I'll remove the lens otherwise I leave it on. Its quite easy at manchester because you can see what's coming. Anything less than a 737 on approach and I'll use the converter, anything bigger you don't need it. You just need to think about the shot beforehand.

Darren

Comment

is this a good tele converter http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...848483173&rd=1

Comment

I've never seen (or heard) of these lenses so I can't really comment on their quality. Personally, I would stick with the branded ones as you don't really know what you are getting with these. I looked at a few of the cheaper ones before I got the Fuji and I didn't like the look of them quality wise (and for the sake of 20 difference). As one of my colleagues at work is always saying 'buy cheap, buy twice'. I've always found this to be true.

Darren

Comment

can u add my msn darron [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                X