Oh no, rejected for several times!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh no, rejected for several times!!!

I uploaded this pic for many times because I do like it very much but the screeners didnīt agree.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

here another version of the pic but without the use of neat image:

so please help me to get this pic accepted in the database.

philipp

Click Here to view my aircraft photos at Planepictures.net
    Click Here to view my aircraft photos at Airliners.net

Sorry but I don't think it's going to happen. Did you take it when it was almost dark or on an overcast day? It kind of looks like it.

Comment

Can I have ago at editing it? If I can please send me the original to [email protected]

Jordan, I still think it has a slight chance.

Comment

Front section looks blurry.
        Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

It also doesn't help to re-upload the same rejected pic again without any changes at all

Gerardo
          My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

it is also frustrating to correct a specific rejection reason, resubmit and then get the resubmission rejected for a totally different reason. If there is more than one reason then please list it.

Comment

That's true, this can be frustrating. But keep in mind, that different screeners will judge - for example - a borderline softness of a pic as still acceptable, while the next might think, it's too soft. Or, a specific problem became more apparent on the second processing. Now, try to define "too soft" in a way, that ~30 screeners and all photographers understand it 100%. Good luck!

Gerardo
              My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Gerado,

unless all the screeners used identical monitors with the same calibration then there will always be the 'human factor' in accepting or rejecting an image. The 'judging' of pictures is very subjectve as many years as a camera club member has shown.

My point was that it is very time consuming for photographers to keep having to rework an image one rejection reason at a time and for screeners with it being screened and possibly rejected each time.

Comment

Originally posted by paulc
                  Gerado,

unless all the screeners used identical monitors with the same calibration then there will always be the 'human factor' in accepting or rejecting an image. The 'judging' of pictures is very subjectve as many years as a camera club member has shown.

My point was that it is very time consuming for photographers to keep having to rework an image one rejection reason at a time and for screeners with it being screened and possibly rejected each time.
                  Paul it is possibly for you to cause even more harm the second time editting an image. If we reject an image for "soft" then you oversharpen it, then odds are it will be rejected for oversharpened and grain. It is a concept that for some reason few people understand. When you are fixed a picture for a rejection reason you can introduce more problems.

Comment

it is also frustrating to correct a specific rejection reason, resubmit and then get the resubmission rejected for a totally different reason. If there is more than one reason then please list it.
                    Also remember that while post processing to correct a previous rejection reason you may very well be putting yourself in a situation where the shot can now be rejected for another reason due to poor post processing...

Edit: Pretty much the same statement that Mark is making.
                    Last edited by BA747-436; 2006-01-09, 16:52.

Comment

Maybe but when I resubmit a shot I always go back to the original image and start again bearing in mind the rejection reason when post processing. The batch from LHR that I am currently working on were taken RAW (first time) and so the learning curve is a bit steep whilst using and learning the RAW software.

Comment

Maybe but when I resubmit a shot I always go back to the original image and start again bearing in mind the rejection reason when post processing. The batch from LHR that I am currently working on were taken RAW (first time) and so the learning curve is a bit steep whilst using and learning the RAW software.
                        Even when starting from the original image, it is possible to be rejected for other reasons. You can increase the saturation, or contrast too much if you had a rejection. You can oversharpen it, or leave it still soft.

By no means is editting an exact science.

Comment

The RAW software I use has the facility to take a snapshot of each corrected image so it is very easy to see exactly what was done to cause the rejection and not make the same mistake when re-processing. (good theory - lets see if I can get it to work)

Comment

Working...
                          X