need help with airplane, Civilian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help with airplane, Civilian

I know nothing regarding civilian airlines, I flew Delta from Las Vegas to Manchester NH. I was pretty sure the plane was a 757 but like I said, civilian AC isn't my stuff.

is there any way to tell from this picture, I can't tell military planes by sounds so I was hoping some civilian photog might know wings ?

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Go to the main menu and do a search for Delta 757 wing view shots, on the first page of results is a shot from behind the wing which pretty much proves that this was indeed a 757

Having said that, you need to do something about the noise in that shot as it is currently below the standard required for acceptance.

Matt
    My gallery of transport and travel pictures.

Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!

Comment

It is a B757 wing, but you have entered B757-300 and Delta does not have any B757-300's only B757-200's and since 99.9% of them are B757-232 there is a good chance that that is what you should enter in the aircraft box
      Regards
      Soren Madsen

Spotting guide to CPH www.cphaviation.dk

Comment

I see from the rejected photo that bad info rejections now specify which field contains the bad info. This is great. Well done jp!

Comment

TBH it does'nt look like a 757 wing IMHO.

Edit - I think it's just the way you've taken it
          Last edited by RingwaySam; 2005-12-30, 23:13.

Comment

thanks everyone, I appreciate the help and will see if I can fix up the noise enough to get accepted.

Comment

Hmmm I'm not so sure thats a 757. I've flown on them many times, I will again on sunday, and that just doesn't look right. Mabey its just the angle.
              sigpic
              http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Looks like an A300 without the winglet...

Comment

That looks like a 757,it's not long enough for a 767

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Hampson
                    That looks like a 757,it's not long enough for a 767
                    Sam, Look at photos in the DB and look at 757 wings. By the way, Who said it was a 767?

Comment

Looks like a 737-800 wing to me. I looked at 732's, but there weren't enough pylon things sticking out. So I'd say it's got to be a 737-800.

Comment

Originally posted by RingwaySam
                        Looks like an A300 without the winglet...
                        '

The A300's pylons that hold the flaps are flat at the end, these are pointed.

Looking at the Pylon shape and the number of small antennas (3) on the edge of wing, it can only be a B757.
                        Regards
                        Soren Madsen

Spotting guide to CPH www.cphaviation.dk

Comment

you guys are impressive knowing all of this by just a wing of an aircraft.....

Appreciated the help, I was able to get one of them into the DB

Comment

I'm with Soren on this one, it's definitely a B757-200.

I've just done a quick search through the database of B752 wing views and found a couple of very similar looking wings to the one in question -

[photoid=5637531]
                            [photoid=499822]
                            [photoid=5631781]

Top Gun, if you decide to re-upload the photo, the aircraft type is a Boeing 757-232

Hope that helps

Dale

Comment

than I should change this one huh?

[photoid=5653920]

Comment

Working...
                              X