Converting RAW photos, help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting RAW photos, help please

Hi all, I have some photos that Ive taken in RAW mode, I have Photoshop 7 and the usual Canon photo stuff, can anyone enlighten me as to how I can post process these RAW photos so I can put them in the que, many thanks, please try to explain in an easy to understand way as Im not the most computer literate person in the world!!

You have ZoomBrowser EX rite? If you do, start it up and select your RAW image from the thumbnails, then go to tools / Process RAW images. and it should work.

Comment

Many thanks YYZPICS, Ive found it and it worked fine, will I lose the quality and detail that RAW offers when I convert it to a JPEG or does it still remain? Thanks again.

Comment

Actually convert it to a TIFF, then import that into photoshop for the best quality, then when your done editing save as a JPG.

Comment

Ah, ok many many thanks for your help, thats made it very clear. Top marks Sir

Comment

Glad I could help

Comment

I don't think there is really any point in shooting RAW if you don't have the software to process the RAW image...something like Nikon Capture for us Nikon users. Why not shoot in TIFF or even JPEG in the first place if you and you software is unable to fully utilize and take advantage of the benefits of RAW.

Comment

Working...
              X