Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can I do?

Hi.
    I really like this shot, but what can I do to make it look better? It seems overexposed so that you can't really see the exact outlines of the nose. Would be nice if the background wasn't white. Could anyone take a shot at this?

Any help much appreciated!

Hmm im not sure you could do anything because you have blown the sky out making it overexposed.

Comment

I didn't blow out anything, unfortunately a very white cloud builds the background of this shot.

Comment

PM me the original and I'll have a crack at it for you, not promising anything though.

Comment

For some strange reason I have no permission to send you any emails. PM me your address! Thanks.

Comment

I've sent you a PM, speak soon.

Comment

I tried adjusting the levels but then it made it look kind of backlit. The nose is just way too overexposed, and the engine is blurry (as well as most of the plane a little bit). I noticed you didn't use any exposure compensation. It's a good idea to always use it on white planes. Your camera doesn't know what the hell it's doing in all honesty.

Comment

How can you tell that he didnt use any exposure compensation? Does the photo have the details somewhere?If so where. Sorry for the probably obvious question.

Comment

Forget about this shot. It's too backlit and the highlights blown out. I don't think, anything good can be done here.

Gerardo
                  My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Im affraid he's right, Ive had a go at it and it really is just too overexposed etc, sorry matey.

Comment

Ok, thanks anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by Global Pics
                        How can you tell that he didnt use any exposure compensation? Does the photo have the details somewhere?If so where. Sorry for the probably obvious question.

Just check the exif data:
                        Exposure Bias Value = 0

Comment

Working...
                        X