JPEG Compression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JPEG Compression

Hi all. Just wondering if anyone can help me with a rejection. I had a rejection for 'too much compression' now im not dis-agreeing with the screeners but I can't seem to see it myself. Could somebody explain so I don't upload anymore images like this , Thanks

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject.php?id=815794

I honestly don't see it either.

Comment

I can't see any jpeg compression, there is however some scarring and distortion. It was probably a borderline decision, have you appealed it?

Comment

Hi AJ and Jordan. I thought the same so I did appeal and the admin said it looked 'blochy' but I thought that was just the blast coming from the engines.

Thanks

Comment

Does look a little odd. Just can put my finger on why...

Comment

Don't worry guys. Thanks for the help

Comment

The noise in the sky could be due to JPEG compression I think. Certainly that's what it brought to mind.

Comment

I have just used NI on it to try and get rid of abit of the noise. Heres the picture now -

Personally I think it's quiet better IMO!

Comment

Sam,

From the first photo, I could see compression artifacting in the sky mainly. When compression starts to affect a picture its usually the subtle colour transitions that tend to go first (the compression starts running out of bits to fully display the many different colours in a colour transition). If there is noise in these colour transitions then the problem is compounded.

The second picture does seem to be improved. The removal of the noise in the sjy has allowed the compression to better display the range of colours.

Cheers
                  Steve Brown

Comment

Steve Brown summed it up more or less. Look at the colour transitions in the sky. Perhaps if you equalize the pic, you will see it even better.

Instead of using neat image I would have tried the original pic again and see, when those transitions in the sky become that bad.

Gerardo
                    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

But is'nt that just the clouds?

Thanks for the help anyway.

Comment

Do you mean that the sky kind of looks like it does in this pic?

Comment

Sort of, yes!

Gerardo
                          My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Hmm okay, I onestly think it's the clouds in the backround but obviously not. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Thanks guys, It finally got accepted.

[photoid=5665018]

Comment

Working...
                              X