New Monitor, New Colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Monitor, New Colors

Hi all. I recently had my monitor suddenly fail (a Dell T7120 or something of that sort, I believe- one of the earlier flat panels) & Dell sent me a refurbished 1901FP monitor. When I finally got it hooked up I was shocked at how different the colors were from my older one. I reset the factory settings, but things are still noticeably bright/hazy. Anyone have any ideas? I'm afraid to process photos if the colors are so off.
    Click below.

[http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=3669]

There should be some buttons on the monitor were you can change the brightness/contrast, Just have a mess around with it...

Comment

Originally posted by RingwaySam
      There should be some buttons on the monitor were you can change the brightness/contrast, Just have a mess around with it...
      that sounds rite, when in doubt, press buttons and see what happens

Comment

I got to use a Spyder2 a few weeks ago, it made an amazing difference in how the screen looked.

Comment

I was bitterly dissapointed when I switched to a TFT, I couldn't judge sharpness or anything. So much so I went back to using my old CRT for editing and screening.

There are calibration devices like the Spyder but they cost quite a bit (unless you do it professionally or something). I got hold of a colour card from somewhere that you can use to calibrate..can't quite remember where though, sorry.

Comment

*sigh* Alright, thanks for your help guys.
            Click below.

[http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=3669]

Comment

Originally posted by B7772ADL
              I was bitterly dissapointed when I switched to a TFT, I couldn't judge sharpness or anything. So much so I went back to using my old CRT for editing and screening.
              My monitor has "sharpness" settings which really throw a wrench into the works. Images stay soft or over sharped at the low/high settings and the medium just doesn't look right. :|

I'm thinking about putting a CRT monitor on the other video output. Though it defeats the purpose of the space saved with the LCD monitor.

Comment

Is a TFT or LCD better?

I have a LCD and i can't get the picture right lol

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Hampson
                  Is a TFT or LCD better?
                  Same thing I just say LCD out of habit. Thin Film Transistor, also called Active Matrix, are LCD displays where each pixel is controlled by it's own transistor.

Comment

Originally posted by Genessee
                    Same thing I just say LCD out of habit. Thin Film Transistor, also called Active Matrix, are LCD displays where each pixel is controlled by it's own transistor.
                    Oh right
                    That was all gibberish to me apart from 'same thing'

Comment

Working...
                    X