No announcement yet.

Noise reduction program??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No problem Paul, don't worry about the rejection. A manipulation rejection always seems cause confusion as people think it is automatically related to noise reduction. But as in your case it just refers to part of your manipulation process in PS.

@Sam yes compression can sometimes have this sort of effect but I don't think it is the case here.

Cheers .. Jid

Comment

I have now uploaded the same shot which is now in the DB, the only thing done differently...I haven't cropped as tight. I now realise I am non the wiser, as I should have kept the crop the same to see if the blur re-appears!
      So, that is what I shall do later today and post the result!
      Is it me, or can that bluriness still be seen, just about, on the re-submitted image now in the DB?? http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=5686307

Again, I must thank you guys for your time and efforts in helping me here, I realise 1 or 2 may be a bit fed up with this thread....but y'know, even when we're down an' out, us 'blues never give in!!!!!'

Comment

Im fed up, Your all City fans

Comment

Hi Paul, well your latest submission is not as bad as the first but the 'blur' is still there. The cropping should have nothing to do with the problem, if you look at the image at 200% you can see the loss of detail along the tree line. If you go through your process keeping an eye on the tree line and try to identify when you loose the detail this should prompt a change of settings or process to stop the loss of detail.

Regards .. Jon

Comment

Paul if you still cant figure out whats going wrong why dont you tell us exactly what you do and at what levels to the picture to get this odd effect. We should be able to narrow it down a bit if not solve your problem.

Comment

....o.k....I've just cropped the image to the same as the original rejection, levels, just a touch to bring the right slider in a little. Curves, again just a little tweak to lighten the shadow, re-size to 1024. USM...500/0.2/0....2 hits and then 1 at 200/0.2/0, then save as usual...
              Just done this again and looks like the blur in the trees is still their!
              Thanks for the continued intersest and help fellas.......
              and please bare with me, firstly I'm obviously no expert with this stuff and secondly, I'll be leaving home very shortly for a 14 hour night shift at MAN, so I may not be able to respond to any replies until tomorrow....many thanks again, Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by massey
                ....o.k....I've just cropped the image to the same as the original rejection, levels, just a touch to bring the right slider in a little. Curves, again just a little tweak to lighten the shadow, re-size to 1024. USM...500/0.2/0....2 hits and then 1 at 200/0.2/0, then save as usual...
                Just done this again and looks like the blur in the trees is still their!
                Thanks for the continued intersest and help fellas.......
                and please bare with me, firstly I'm obviously no expert with this stuff and secondly, I'll be leaving home very shortly for a 14 hour night shift at MAN, so I may not be able to respond to any replies until tomorrow....many thanks again, Paul.
                Very weird. What do you work as at MAN? I would love to do something that involves working on the ramp or getting air-side Good luck with the 14 hour shift.

Comment

Only thing i can think of is that you may possibly be not saving it at the highest quality?

Comment

Well chaps, that's the 2 nights out of the way, normal service will now resume with 4 days off!

BA747-436 Only thing i can think of is that you may possibly be not saving it at the highest quality?
                    ....that built my hopes up, but my last effort was saved at highest setting of 12 with no changein the result, for a moment I thought this may have been the answer and the slider had been moved by mistake...naa!!

What do you work as at MAN? I would love to do something that involves working on the ramp or getting air-side Good luck with the 14 hour shift.
                    Thanks for the good wishes Sam....see my profile. It does have it's advantages, but at the end of the day I must say I enjoy my hobby much more when away from work!

I think this problem has come about as a result of the in camera sharpening being turned off, together with the fact that the cropped image is a small part of the original, never seen this effect prior to this particular shot!!??

Thanks again for the help folks....I'll hopefully get out this week for a few more shots to have a look at....need some practice and get rid of any problem before I get off for a 4 day session at LAX on the 23rd!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X