Noise reduction program??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noise reduction program??

I don't understand this and am now feeling a little annoyed and frustrated....this shot was rejected, reason; digitaly manipulated....what??
    >> http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject.php?id=855278

So I appeal, stating that I have done nothing different with this shot than I normaly do. ie; levels,curves, re-size, sharpen.

Appeal rejected with the statement; overuse of noise reduction program such as neat image. This reminded me that in an effort to reduce noise in my shots, and as a result of taking advice from these forums, their IS something else I have done differently, that being to turn off all in camera sharpening, and do all sharpening in PS. The shots I have taken on this same day. 28th Feb, are all shot and proscessed in the same way and PS settings!

Am I taking this the wrong way, missing something? I have not used any type of program, nor would I wish or know how to....should I go back to a little in camera sharpening??

I would appreciate your input/help here, folks/screeners.....

thanks, Paul

Are you sure you didn't use any noise reducer at all? I only ask, because it looks so and that was definitely the reason for the rejection. The negative effect of noise reducing can be seen on the trees in the background. Of course, I can be wrong, but it definitely looks odd.

To your other question: it's a good thing to turn off all in camera sharpening. The original photo might get soft, but any photo editor will give good results.

Gerardo
    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Gerardo I agree, The trees the backround look very odd.

Comment

Thanks for the prompt reply Gerardo.....seriously, I would not waste my or any other persons time on this site, and go to the extent that I have done to find out what my problem is....if I had knowingly used a program!! I see what you mean about the trees?????? Where do I go from here? I am not getting upset about having 1 shot of a PIA 777 rejected...since going digital I have had many, many rejections, all of which I have learned from....the frustrating thing is, knowing what to learn from this rejection....

thanks again for any advice/ideas....Paul.

Comment

Paul, If as you say you havnt used any sort of noise reduction program i would be interested in seeing the original, unedited shot directly from the camera. Would you be so kind as to send it to me for inspection? Hopefuly we can shed some light on the problem. Thankyou

[email protected]

Comment

.....thanks Dan....on it's way!

Comment

If you also want to send me a copy Paul.

[email protected]

Regards .. Jid

M.C.F.C - FA Cup winners 2005-2006

Comment

....quality.....cheers Jid!

Comment

Would be way easier to upload it somwhere on a webspace

Paul, I thought, I saw your appeal today, in which the photog mentioned he used a noise reducer, hence my question. It was obviously somebody else. Sorry for the confusion.

Gerardo
                  My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by jid
                    Dream on, Jid

Comment

Originally posted by jid
                      Haha nice Jid
                      Originally posted by RingwaySam
                      Dream on, Jid
                      3-1 And we are in the FA cup and your not

Comment

Originally posted by Sam at MAN
                        Haha nice Jid

3-1 And we are in the FA cup and your not
                        LOL who cares if we got beat off you, It's no big deal, Were still higher in the Premiership than you!

Anyway lets not spoil this thread.

Comment

Well Paul .. thanks for sending the original. The original was quite soft and did need quite a bit of sharpening. Somewhere along the way in your processing you have produced this 'blurring' effect. I am not quite sure how. I have put a little comparison together to show the difference (plus mailed you the full processed image).

Now it could be to do with the sharpening you have used but is more likely to be a product of something else, possibly even compression?

Regards .. Jid

Comment

Jid, Would the Compression make it blurry though?

Comment

that's great Jid......I'm still confused, so I'm going to have another go at the original. You guys do understand that I'm not trying to get a very common picture accepted into the db here, just trying to find out if I have a problem with my gear, or is it wrong PS editing?
                              Believe me, this PS program is to much for me to get my head around without bringing anything else into the equation!!
                              Many thanks again to all you guys for your comments and advice...your time is appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                              X