Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im confused

Hi all

I have tried to upload a pic of Thai that I took sunday.

First it was rejected because it was too soft and unleveled. The sceener wrote what I needed to do and I did it.

Now its too blurry.

What should I do it make it accepted.

First attempt: http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject.php?id=861660

Second attempt: http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject.php?id=863574

Thanks in advance
    Best regards

Peter Lund

Peter to me the first one should have got blurry aswell, the tail looks very blurred to me. my 2 non-screener cents worth
    2x Canon 1Dmk3 -- Canon 400mm F2.8 IS L - Canon 100-400mm L IS USM -- Canon EF 70-200mm L IS F2.8 --Canon 300mm F2.8 IS L

Comment

Peter, Go back to the original image, discard the Blurry one !
      Frankly I liked the first one, remember to level it. and then add a few USM into it.

150-200 >.2 > 2,

Now check back on this thread when you're done !
      Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

The pics are the same.

The first one was without levelling it but only sharpened.

The second was sharpened and leveled, but rejected because it was blurry.

John, what do you mean with USM ?
        Best regards

Peter Lund

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Lund
          The pics are the same.

The first one was without levelling it but only sharpened.

The second was sharpened and leveled, but rejected because it was blurry.

John, what do you mean with USM ?
          Peter, I assume you went back working with the original and not the rejected image.. Correct ?

USM is Unsharpen Mask @ Photoshop.

Here you can regulate the Amount, Radius, Threshold.

As you increase the Amount parameter by moving the slider to the right, dark areas get darker and light areas get lighter, eventually leading to sanctifying the good pixels (light-hued) with haloes of white, and damning the bad pixels (dark-hued) to the oblivion of pure blackness. But dont exaggerate yourself.

The Radius slider does exactly the same thing in USM as it does in Gaussian Blur it controls how much blurring is used in the edge-finding stage. The practical effect of this is to specify how large a region is darkened or lightened.

Finally, the Threshold slider tells the USM code how big a difference between a pixel in the blurred copy and the original copy is needed before any darkening or lightening will be applied. Open any picture file in Photoshop, launch the Unsharp Mask dialogue, make sure Preview is checked, then play with each slider to watch this process in action.

Hope this will help you understanding the USM method @ Photoshop.

Ps: Remember to return to the original file, and do the work from there !

Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

TBH, I don't think, te photo can be repaired, simply because a blurry shot can not be fixed. Perhaps the screener thought, it could be saved, but your 2nd attempt shows, it's not.

My suggestion: leave it and go for the next chance.

Cheers
            Gerardo
            My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Working...
            X