Techniques for centering.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Georg,

they both look to be too low, look at the fuselage of each shot and crop away about one centimeter on the top....

Rgds,
    Martin

Comment

#2 is a little more pronounced than number one...but yep, definetly both low in the frame
      Canon 20D & BG-E2 Grip
      EF 50mm 1.4 USM
      EF-S 18-55mm
      EF 28-135mm IS USM
      EF 70-200mm f4L
      EF 100-400L IS
      1.4X II Teleconverter
      Canon 420EX Speedlite
      Canon 430EX Speedlite
      Manfrotto Tripod and Monopod

David Wilson | Through the Fence Photography

Comment

Thanks for the help. I'll try to upload them again and post the results here.

georg
        ________
        Avandia settlements
        Last edited by DRS-Spotter; 2011-09-16, 06:48.

Comment

You also have to take into account when centering a profile shot , that even though there may be an even number of squares above and below the fuselage, tail will therefore come in to play , the easiest way to do this is when cropping using aspect ratios (OR hold the shift key down like I do) is to keep the crosshair in the centre of the fuselage , somewhere around the window lines but if you crop using the SHIFT key option remember to only drag your CORNERS in.
          Then you'd need to tak e a look and maybe lower it say a 1/3 of the fuselage height to compensate for the tail so tht although the fuselage isnt centred vertically it is indeed vertically balanced ,an uncentred shot is also a lot more noticeable in the thumbnail when screening than it is at 100% on photoshop.

Will

Comment

Depends on the subject but I almost always follow the rule of thirds. If it's just a standard sideon, I let the aircraft (using the entire vertical space the aircraft occupies...landing gear to top of tail) occupy the middle third while the top and bottom third are empty.

Comment

Both accepted.
              Thanks for your help!

[photoid=5702632]

[photoid=5702631]

Georg
              ________
              Sarahyt Cam
              Last edited by DRS-Spotter; 2011-09-16, 06:49.

Comment

Working...
              X