replied
    Both accepted.
    Thanks for your help!

[photoid=5702632]

[photoid=5702631]

Georg
    ________
    Sarahyt Cam
    Last edited by DRS-Spotter; 2011-09-16, 06:49.

Leave a comment:

• E-Diddy!
    replied
    Depends on the subject but I almost always follow the rule of thirds. If it's just a standard sideon, I let the aircraft (using the entire vertical space the aircraft occupies...landing gear to top of tail) occupy the middle third while the top and bottom third are empty.

Leave a comment:

• Will M
    replied
    You also have to take into account when centering a profile shot , that even though there may be an even number of squares above and below the fuselage, tail will therefore come in to play , the easiest way to do this is when cropping using aspect ratios (OR hold the shift key down like I do) is to keep the crosshair in the centre of the fuselage , somewhere around the window lines but if you crop using the SHIFT key option remember to only drag your CORNERS in.
    Then you'd need to tak e a look and maybe lower it say a 1/3 of the fuselage height to compensate for the tail so tht although the fuselage isnt centred vertically it is indeed vertically balanced ,an uncentred shot is also a lot more noticeable in the thumbnail when screening than it is at 100% on photoshop.

Will

Leave a comment:

• DRS-Spotter
    replied
    Thanks for the help. I'll try to upload them again and post the results here.

georg
    ________
    Avandia settlements
    Last edited by DRS-Spotter; 2011-09-16, 06:48.

Leave a comment:

• medic1
    replied
    #2 is a little more pronounced than number one...but yep, definetly both low in the frame

Leave a comment:

• shamrock105
    replied
    Georg,

they both look to be too low, look at the fuselage of each shot and crop away about one centimeter on the top....

Rgds,
    Martin

Leave a comment:

• DRS-Spotter
    replied
    Hi.
    would you please have a look on these two rejections.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Two me the centering looks OK. I'll try not to center the plane on such shots because the tail would look too high for me. Any help would be appreciated since I had so many centering rejections lately when doing side-on approach pics.

Georg
    ________
    EroticFantasyxx
    Last edited by DRS-Spotter; 2011-09-16, 06:48.

Leave a comment:

• seahawk
    replied
    great examples Gewrado !!

Leave a comment:

• LX-A343
    replied
    Centering the aircraft, just to make sure there is same space between the top , bottom and left and right of the subject is not always the best method. As mentioned, a side-on shot of an aircraft on approach is best centered by centering the window line. But there's more, as show with a few examples:

[photoid=5690146] The aircraft itself is too high. With a grey or blue sky alone as background, it would look awkward. With the runway just a few meters under the aircraft, it looks far better that way, than centering the aircraft.

[photoid=5679540] I guess it speaks for itself. The message would be totally different, if the aircraft had been centered.

[photoid=5667668] Another very good example of a good composition, by dividing the frame in three horizontal areas with the grass line at the bottom and the wing line above.

Just a few examples, where centereing an aircraft is not everything.

Gerardo
    Last edited by LX-A343; 2006-03-28, 05:37.

Leave a comment:

• medic1
    replied
    I usually try to center it so that it looks good to me. I don't usually pull up a grid, or measure the spacing. I just crop around the image so that it looks properly centered "to my eye".....aesthetically pleasing if you will, and I have had very few uncentered rejects.

Leave a comment:

• Greg Wilson
    replied
    Originally posted by JordanD
    ..........................Besides, that can be corrected as well.
    Not if you fail to capture enough detail.
    The image can be altered,not corrected.
    The image you posted is underexposed,look at the detail on the fuselage.

Leave a comment:

• JordanD
    replied
    I set it to 0.7 because at 0.3 they were being overexposed. The sun was pretty bright. Besides, that can be corrected as well.

Leave a comment:

• Greg Wilson
    replied
    Too high in frame.....

If you are using the grid you will see the center mark as in the above.
    You are usually right with this on the center of the fuselage,or window line.
    You have had this problem for a while now................time to eliminate this from
    your rejections.
    Why is your camera set to EV- 0.7 on a relatively clear day?
    Underexposure is your next problem

Leave a comment:

• YYZPICS
    replied
    A little high in the frame

Leave a comment:

• JordanD
    replied

Here ya go Greg.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X