Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejection advice.

Hey Guys,
    Im abit shocked to see this shot rejected for Subject/ Cut off as it was cropped behind wing to front of aircraft which i assumed would be fine.

Should i try cropping from behind undercarriage gear?
    Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

I think its because you sliced the Germany World Cup logo in two. Only half the Logo makes it look a little funny.

Comment

Bill is right, although this crop would be okay on many aircraft it doesn't work so well on the longer types like the 773, 340, etc because you end up with too much dead space on one side of the shot, if you are shooting side on try to either get a full frame picture or crop much further forward like this.....

[photoid=5695116]

The world cup logos on the rear of the aircraft make this type of crop really unsuited to EK777s at the moment.

Matt
      My gallery of transport and travel pictures.

Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!

Comment

My contribution to JetPhotos

Comment

It's also severely overexposed

Comment

I think the fence might reject it.

Comment

I dont believe that the fence is that obtructing if you aks me. As the fence only reach 1/4 of the height of that image. Greg's crop is nicely done. IMO
              Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Yea, the fence mit be distracting but doesnt effect the view of the 777

Comment

Originally posted by YYZPICS
                  Yea, the fence mit be distracting but doesnt effect the view of the 777
                  Its just a matter of the mood and taste of the screener. I had two examples to show here.

I shot two SK A333's, this one the OY-KBN and the other one was SE-REF, the Star livery. They were completely the same, just as much of fence height there on that image. but this one got trough. the -REF was rejected because of the fence.
                  [photoid=5613626]
                  Last edited by MaxPower; 2006-04-11, 03:04.

Comment

Thanks for Feedback Guys,
                    I will try another upload but i dont see the fence has that much effect on the shot.

Comment

Mark, the fence shouldn't be a problem.

Gerardo
                      My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

I agree it's only the crop I think, behind the gear or back of the engine cone should be fine.

Comment

Mark, Just wondering if you did got your shot in ?

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
                            Mark, Just wondering if you did got your shot in ?
                            I did upload another edit full frame of this aircraft but it was rejected for Bad Info because Serial number was incorrect,in few days between uploading first shot and second shot the Autofill details for this aircraft had mysteriously changed so i havent been bothered to upload the shot again.

Atleast i learnt something from this is to always check your autofill everytime before uploading even if you have shots already in database of the aircraft.

Comment

Working...
                            X