Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digitally manipulated ???

Hello

I got this image rejected for image manipulated.
    JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

The reason is because they think I have placed the bird on top of the plane (i also got a warning about it !!!).
    I have done the usuall post process like levels and sharpening.

Is there any way i can prove the image is not manipulated ?? I still have the RAW file

Thanks

That's kind of a load of crap, there's no way it can be proven that you placed the bird in the photo. Nice shot dude!

Comment

I you use a Nikon camera you can send the RAW image to me soren @ jetphotos.net

Soren
      Regards
      Soren Madsen

Spotting guide to CPH www.cphaviation.dk

Comment

If this bird is apparently just above the 737 and the shadow of the 737 is directly underneath it then why isn't the bird casting a shadow on the plane ??

this equalized pic indicates thick light blue edges around the bird not consistent of the sky colour in the rest of your photo.

Comment

Originally posted by Will M
          If this bird is apparently just above the 737 and the shadow of the 737 is directly underneath it then why isn't the bird casting a shadow on the plane
          Because the bird is probably on the far side of the aircraft.
          Originally posted by Will M

this equalized pic indicates thick light blue edges around the bird not consistent of the sky colour in the rest of your photo.
          Matthew has his camera sharpness set to hard,and has also uploaded in RGB.
          The halo around the bird (a small object) is what could be expected in those circumstances.
          Let's not kick the guy too hard until right of reply.
          In these circumstances with a detailed manipulation rejection reason given (claims of cloning the bird) I would suggest members contact screeners direct.These sort of rejections are better for all concerned if done in private.
          My contribution to JetPhotos

Comment

Hi Guys. I think that this is not fair. I was with my friend when he took the photo. I can prove it is not a fake because I saw it. In Malta we get to see a lot of these 'large' birds in the airfield. The reason being that the airfield is one of the few parts of GREENERY we have in Malta. You can check out my below photos and you will see that we get many of these birds 'in the middle' of our shots!!

Just landed rwy 14 with Batman checking him out ;) BTY thats a Marsh Harrier.. 63. Nord N-262E Fregate. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Landing rwy14 with a marsh harrier looking closely in the background.. F-GIXL. Boeing 737-348(QC). JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Climbing out of runway 32 straight into a flock of starlings... Luckily enough there was no birdstrike. HB-JIB. McDonnell Douglas MD-90-30. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

IAN

Comment

We trust our photographers 100%, unfortunately when this trust is breached you can expect us to be suspicious of future uploads. In the same round of uploads this was screened:
              JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Equalise this shot and tell me what you think.

Comment

Whoa hold up. I retract my previous statement, and I don't need to equalize the shot to be able to tell something's up. Just a little simple shadow tracing.

as Gene Wilder would say:

So you get NOTHING!
                YOU LOSE!
                GOOD DAY sir!

Comment

I am also responsible of supporting this photographer until proven guilty.On the basis of the one picture we had there were some grounds for doubt.
                  I can now see by commenting only on the actual question and photo posted by Mathew,Will was being diplomatic in the severity of the issue.
                  Going by the queud number of the second picture posted today,that one would have been rejected at the same time if not before the first picture.Now i'm not sure why Matthew would start this thread after surely realising the situation...........and I didn't need to equalise either.
                  This after 2 years and 412 photos............a good reason these rule violation rejections should not go public.

Comment

Hello all,

I understand my mistake with the moon photo, and I give my most sincere apologies. I have learned my lesson. I got carried away too much with PS and I promise it will not happen again.

I also understand I lost the trust of the screeners, but I will do what I can to regain that.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by borgcar
                      Hello all,

I understand my mistake with the moon photo, and I give my most sincere apologies. I have learned my lesson. I got carried away too much with PS and I promise it will not happen again.

I also understand I lost the trust of the screeners, but I will do what I can to regain that.

Thanks
                      why on earth did you go to such lengths to include a moon that is totally irrelevant to the photo? just upload normal shots without trying to be a smart arse.

next trips
                      USA/DXB August.

Comment

Reconsidered my post.

Thanks for apologizing Borg !
                        Last edited by MaxPower; 2006-04-12, 01:00.
                        Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Unbelievable........................
                          I have spoken with matthew via email a couple of times over this incident.
                          Naturally he is embarrassed about the whole situation,and wrote about how he would apologise.
                          He has decided to make his apology here where it may be seen by a good majority of screeners and members that read the topic.
                          After admitting his error and making a public apology why is it necessary for members to hand out further admonishment.

Comment

Why the heck would someone edit a moon or a bird into their shot anyways? I see no point but that's just me...I like my pictures right out of the cam!

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Wilson
                              Unbelievable........................
                              I have spoken with matthew via email a couple of times over this incident.
                              Naturally he is embarrassed about the whole situation,and wrote about how he would apologise.
                              He has decided to make his apology here where it may be seen by a good majority of screeners and members that read the topic.
                              After admitting his error and making a public apology why is it necessary for members to hand out further admonishment.
                              fristly, you have no idea how many times this issue has come up with Mr Cardona, this is not the first time he has submitted suspect photos, seems he hadn't learnt from his previous mistakes. The reason why this was made public is because we are sick to death of him uploading shots that he has manipulated beyond acceptable limits. He wouldn't have anything to apologise for if he followed the rules.

next trips
                              USA/DXB August.

Comment

Working...
                              X