Can u tell me what to fix here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can u tell me what to fix here

Hey took this pic on my spotting trip with Chris. Can you guys tell me what should I fix to make this pic acceptable ? I'm using Paint Shop Pro X to fix pics. Thanx

It's hard to tell because it's below minimum upload size. From what I can tell though, it looks like there's a lot of compression. Did you shoot/save at the highest quality setting? It also needs just slight CW rotation. Unfortunately there's also a lot of stuff blocking the plane that you can't get rid of with PSP.

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD
      It's hard to tell because it's below minimum upload size. From what I can tell though, it looks like there's a lot of compression. Did you shoot/save at the highest quality setting? It also needs just slight CW rotation. Unfortunately there's also a lot of stuff blocking the plane that you can't get rid of with PSP.
      I c I guess that's because I'm using point and shot cause I don't want to spedn money for a better one. I'll try to fix it more.

Comment

You can still get pictures in the database with a point and shoot. Plenty of people do.

Comment

Those stairs might be a problem.

Comment

Nice photo! However, it could definitely use some sharpening, e.g. using USM.

Cheers,
            Mike

Comment

I agree, the nose area is far to clutterd.

Comment

The stairs on the nose would not be that bad, if the fuselage would not be overexposed and soft. So however, I would think it will hard to edit up to database standards. If you want to try.

You need to do the following steps.

- level the horizon, I think it needs a slight cw rotation
                - set the levels of the picture see if you can get out some details n the fuselage
                - sharpen and try not to get too much noise in the pic

Comment

In general, with point-and-shoots it's best to underexpose by -1/3 or even -2/3 when taking photos of white fuselages in bright sunlight as they are prone to blowing out the highlights.

Comment

Working...
                  X