Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request for help: Digitally Manipulated

This picture:
    JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Hello everybody. I don't know why the Screeners think that this photo is digitally manipulated! And it's not the only one. I got about 10 rejections with this reason.
    I am not a liar!! I upload only the pictures I took and I don't fake them!. As everybody, I cut, sharpen and level the images. Maybe sometimes I have to work on the contrast. But that's it!
    Please give me a reason why it's manipulated! Thanks for helping and if a Screener would like to work on it, I could send you the original image (3.58mb) y email.

flylax
    The most useless things for a pilot are: altitude above you, runway behind you and the airspace in the tank.

You do use a noise reduction filter ? Looks like a bit too much of it to me.

Comment

I have learned the lesson with the noise tools. But with my new camera there is no more need for them. Btw with my old Sony Cybershot, I had to use this filter all the time and most of these pictures were accepted What can I do to make this one acceptable?
      The most useless things for a pilot are: altitude above you, runway behind you and the airspace in the tank.

Comment

Rather then start a new thread -

It seems I only get the 'digitally manipulated' rejection for photos shot with only sky in the background. Not all of them but enough to make me wonder, it seems an inconsistent rejection to me???? I edit my photos in the same manner yet some are rejected. The term - Digital Manipulation - makes it sound like I've added fire coming out of the engines or pasted an Eagle flying over the aircraft. Anyway, not b*tching or anything, just curious and an observation. After all, this is just a hobby for me and one I'm really new at.

Take care,
        Brad

Comment

Digitally Manipulated has a negative feel to it, but its not really meant to be that way. We use it to signify if we feel that the pic has been overly manipulated (too much noise filter) or if the Manipulation hasn't been done correctly (e.g. The sharpening tool hasn't been used correctly resulting in some areas of the plane being jaggy while the others are soft, another reason would be the Shadows/Highlights tool has been over used resulting in Halo's around dark parts of the aircraft.)

Its not meant to imply you have done anything wrong, but rather to say that the screener has felt that the use of certain parts or your picture have been 'over processed'.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Billsville
            Digitally Manipulated has a negative feel to it, but its not really meant to be that way. We use it to signify if we feel that the pic has been overly manipulated (too much noise filter) or if the Manipulation hasn't been done correctly (e.g. The sharpening tool hasn't been used correctly resulting in some areas of the plane being jaggy while the others are soft, another reason would be the Shadows/Highlights tool has been over used resulting in Halo's around dark parts of the aircraft.)

Its not meant to imply you have done anything wrong, but rather to say that the screener has felt that the use of certain parts or your picture have been 'over processed'.

Hope this helps.
            Maybe it's time for an "over-processed" rejection?

Comment

Originally posted by Billsville
              As Stephen pointed out we're not saying that you have manipulated your photos or added flames , although some people have the nerve to try add moons etc into their photos, but it's a case of we feel that you've indeed overprocessed your photo with added photos tools , neat image and other noise reduction tools certainly seem to leave an image with a 'painted like
              ' appearance to them , relatively smooth and lacking definition.

Just keep your head up young fella , take the advice and you'll get there in the end plenty of helpful people out there and also some handy tutorials.

Originally posted by E-Diddy!
              Maybe it's time for an "over-processed" rejection?
              We are currently overlooking our rejection reasons at the present time , and "Overprocessed" is one of them
              I couldn't agree more either , I think the term Digital Manipulation is a bit of a kick in the guts to new photographers especially , as some of the newer guys have underlined in the above post.

Regards

Will
              Last edited by Will M; 2006-05-15, 00:19.

Comment

Thanks all for the help and answers - I feel better now. It's still weird to be 'accused' of digitally manipulating something when I've barely learned how to make layers };>)

Take care,
                Brad

Comment

No problem. Glad to help

Comment

I too am glad to have this reason for rejection explained as I also suffered from a digital manipulation rejection. Perhaps the better description of "overprocessed" could be introduced, especially as another well known site uses the term "digital manipulation" to mean addition or deletion of objects.
                    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Working...
                    X