Dust Spot Removal - Question for Jid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dust Spot Removal - Question for Jid

Am using Jid's Workflow document, hence the question to Jid. Am using Photoshop 7.

OK, go through the steps as details on the workflow document - however my actions don't seem to work - IE, dust spots remain !!! ????

One thing, when creating the duplicate layer - in the pop up box that appears after hitting F7 - the origiona layer has a padlock symbol next to it indicating that the layer is "locked" - is this preventing me from removing said dust spots ?
    RobB

Hi Rob, no this should not prevent you from editing the base layer.

Just check that you have got the base layer highlighted and that the little paintbrush to the right of the 'eye' is there. Then remove the spot with the heal tool, delete the equalised layer and the spot should be gone.

I had a quick look through the PS help to see what the padlock means and could not find anything. What I think it means is, that is the background layer and is locked as such. You can not move that layer up or down. Maybe someone can clarify that.

Comment

Well the BG layer is always in the bottom (locked in position). Only the layers above it can be moved up and down.
      Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Jid is your workflow working? I can't seem to get on it.

Comment

Originally posted by jid
          Hi Rob, no this should not prevent you from editing the base layer.

Just check that you have got the base layer highlighted and that the little paintbrush to the right of the 'eye' is there. Then remove the spot with the heal tool, delete the equalised layer and the spot should be gone.
          Hi Jid - thx for the reply - no luck, still cannot get rid of dust spot - perhaps i am not fully understanding your instruction - although my home language is the "Kings English"

When "rubbing all over the top of your spot with one stroke" - is this with holding down the Alt button ytogether with the left mouse button ? And, by "rubbing all over the spot" - is, I assume a series of "strokes" all over the spot as opposed to a "single stroke" ? not sure i understand this bit
          RobB

Comment

Hopeless at cricket too........

are you following the order ........
            1...create duplicate layer (background copy) and click ok
            2.....equalise
            3 select background (orig)
            4...carry out repairs
            5...click on "background copy" to highlight and delete...... click on rubbish bin icon at bottom right.
            Now i think you are doing this correctly and it may be the brush/clone tool giving problems maybe.
            My contribution to JetPhotos

Comment

When the 'heal tool' is selected go to the right or left of the dust spot, hold down the Alt ket and your cursor will change, press your left mouse button once. Then move to the dust spot, hold your left mouse button down and keeping it down rub over the spot. Remove the duplicate layer and it should be gone

Oh BTW there does seem to be a problem with my current webserver, hopefully it should be resolved soon. I am looking to move to another server very soon - if anyone does have any free server space they would like to donate

Comment

Originally posted by jid
                When the 'heal tool' is selected go to the right or left of the dust spot, hold down the Alt ket and your cursor will change, press your left mouse button once. Then move to the dust spot, hold your left mouse button down and keeping it down rub over the spot. Remove the duplicate layer and it should be gone
                The Healing tool is just perfect. What I did before I read this thread was that I equalized the layer , pinpointing where the dustspot is, and then I took a step back and then erazed the dustspot. I realized that using the healing tool while in equalized layer, is much much better. I save time also. Thanks Jid.
                Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Wilson
                  Hopeless at cricket too........
                  G'day Greg - Hail the mighty Aussies, yes they "cleaned our clocks" big time - but the last ODI played at the Wanderer's was a cracker - and you have to give us that credit. Anyway, the last test against the "Blek Keps" starts tomorrow, at the Wanderer's and hopefully we can clinch that one.

Thx for the info - BTW, re my dust spot problem - well, treating the symptom is via Photoshop - stopped at the camera shop where I purchased my "TOY" and the techie had a good look and found the problem, small smears on the sensor - so he has taken said "toy" together with my lens' and will give them all at thorough clean - free of charge, what a nice bunch, as after I bought my camera from them, I got them two more sales of 350d's via my work chums - we all win !!!!!!!
                  RobB

Comment

FYI - My workflow URL has now changed and can be found at

I will be updating it as soon as possible.

Jid

Comment

Originally posted by jid
                      FYI - My workflow URL has now changed and can be found at
                      http://www.jid.me.uk/workflow/

I will be updating it as soon as possible.

Jid
                      First time i've used that - It's quite abit of messing around but it does the job.

Heres my edit -

Last edited by RingwaySam; 2006-05-06, 12:49.

Comment

Working...
                      X