Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharpening issue

Hello,

Im having some probs with PS. Ive tried this sharpening technique in which you sharpen with USM and then duplicate the layer and erase. Problem is, it doesn't erase at all. Infact it looks no different whethers thats just me. Just need to get this working as so many of my photos are soft and i can't seem to get them just right and trying to rely on the sharpen tool doesn't work too well lol.

Any help would be much appreciated

Cheers

Ben
    Nikon D3 - Nikon D2x - Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED AF-S VR - Nikon TC-14EE - Nikon TC-17EE - Nikon SB900 -Nikon AF-S 600mm F4 VR

Are you flattening the image before trying to erase? It should not be flattened. To get an idea of how it works, after making the duplicate layer, USM the snot out of it until it looks horrible then try and use the eraser. This will give you a good visual of what happens. Also make sure you have the circumference of the eraser big enough to see.
    Wayne Dippold

Comment

worked

ah, bingo

Cheers for that, now i can see it working, its not particulary visible when doing its not so aggressively oversharpened . Well ill have a play around with it now, see how it goes

Thanks

Ben
      Nikon D3 - Nikon D2x - Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED AF-S VR - Nikon TC-14EE - Nikon TC-17EE - Nikon SB900 -Nikon AF-S 600mm F4 VR

Comment

Working...
      X