Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Im confused with this and new rejection reason!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's allowed to a certain extent. The shadow/highlight feature is one of those functions, which works wonders, but can easily kill a photo if overused.

What I notice in your photo is, the weird shade of the fuselage. It's not 100% white. I get this effect if I apply too much shadow/highlight in PS.

Instead of the shadow/highlight, I'd strongly suggest you try to tweak the curves. You can get the same result but you have more control over the photo.

Gerardo
    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Common sense is also something to consider when editing. At the end of the day its down to you as to what levels of editing you choose to work at. We are not held responsible for promoting bad editing. If you use the tools correctly in Photoshop you shouldn’t get an over use rejection.

Comment

Originally posted by LHR-Domi
        So I take it Jid Webb's excellent guide to editing isn't acceptable then?
        How you process your photo by using his workflow is beyond his control.
        Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by LHR-Domi
          So I take it Jid Webb's excellent guide to editing isn't acceptable then? So what can I do to stop this overprocessing on that photo because I have not used dodge tool, or selecting brightening on areas. I have just done levels sharpening saturation?

Cheers Dom
          I am in the process of re-working my workflow and the shadow/highlight feature of CS will not be in the revised version.

Jid

Comment

Working...
          X