Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Im confused with this and new rejection reason!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jid
    replied
    Originally posted by LHR-Domi
    So I take it Jid Webb's excellent guide to editing isn't acceptable then? So what can I do to stop this overprocessing on that photo because I have not used dodge tool, or selecting brightening on areas. I have just done levels sharpening saturation?

Cheers Dom
    I am in the process of re-working my workflow and the shadow/highlight feature of CS will not be in the revised version.

Jid

Leave a comment:

• MaxPower
    replied
    Originally posted by LHR-Domi
    So I take it Jid Webb's excellent guide to editing isn't acceptable then?
    How you process your photo by using his workflow is beyond his control.

Leave a comment:

• BA747-436
    replied
    Common sense is also something to consider when editing. At the end of the day its down to you as to what levels of editing you choose to work at. We are not held responsible for promoting bad editing. If you use the tools correctly in Photoshop you shouldn’t get an over use rejection.

Leave a comment:

• LX-A343
    replied
    It's allowed to a certain extent. The shadow/highlight feature is one of those functions, which works wonders, but can easily kill a photo if overused.

What I notice in your photo is, the weird shade of the fuselage. It's not 100% white. I get this effect if I apply too much shadow/highlight in PS.

Instead of the shadow/highlight, I'd strongly suggest you try to tweak the curves. You can get the same result but you have more control over the photo.

Gerardo

Leave a comment:

• seahawk
    replied
    Well, you can use that function, but if you create visible halos with it, then you have over-processed the pic.
    I personaly prefer using curves, as they achieve the same, while not creating halos.

Leave a comment:

• LHR-Domi
    replied
    Perhaps I did use shadow/highlight actually which could have caused this but then therefore if this type of editing is not allowed why is it promoted? Or is it only allowed to a certain extent?

Cheers Dom

Leave a comment:

• seahawk
    replied
    You might have used the shadow/highlight tool ?

Leave a comment:

• LHR-Domi
    replied
    So I take it Jid Webb's excellent guide to editing isn't acceptable then? So what can I do to stop this overprocessing on that photo because I have not used dodge tool, or selecting brightening on areas. I have just done levels sharpening saturation?

Cheers Dom

Leave a comment:

• CPH Aviation
    replied
    I didn't screen the photo, but there is white halos around the top of the lightpoles and on the top of the building to the left. There is also a dark shadow/halo running along side the top of the fuselage. And that is why it got the - Over Processed / Bad postprocessing rejection. So I guess its not that stupid after all!

Soren

Leave a comment:

• seahawk
    replied
    Have you considered that the halos are the reason for the reject. You can clearly spot the difference between the uploaded pic and the original, when you look at the head of the lamp post. Original fine, upload has some light halos.
    There is also a viisble halo around parts of the plane.

Leave a comment:

• LHR-Domi
    replied
    Oh great it got rejected in the Appeal, stupid!

Leave a comment:

• LHR-Domi
    replied
    No Neat Image. no nothing lol no cloning

Thanks for the comment Dale! Below is the original resized to 1200x800 and compressed.

Leave a comment:

• G-DALE
    replied
    Taken from the new upload guidelines....

Overprocessed
    This rejection may apply to photos which simply look overprocessed. This can be for example an improper use of noise removal programs up to the result of getting a plastic like look or smufgy edges. Also, halos caused by wrong sharpening settings or other wrong post processing settings, will result in a rejection.
    Personally the photo doesn't look too bad to me

Anyway hope that helps

Dale

Leave a comment:

• ThomasW1974
    replied
    Hi Dominic,

i'm not sure, but maybe the grass gave you the rejection. It looks
    pretty weird at some points. Did you clone anything out? Or maybe
    a bit too much NeatImage?

Thomas

Leave a comment: