Dirty Scan / CMOS Dust spots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirty Scan / CMOS Dust spots

I have had this shot rejected for Dirty Scan / CMOS Dust spots and undersharpened sharpening i can sort but for the life of me i cant find any dust spots i have equalised it blown it up and took it to the pub for a beer but cant find any dust spots can someone take a look for me plz

Thx
    Alan

Hi Alan ,

Theres a small one to the left of the de-icing boot of the tail

Regards

Will

Comment

Thx for the reply Will but this is going to sound really dumb its 25yrs since i last spotted so just getting back in to it whats a de-icing boot lol do you mean the black dot on the top fin that leads up to the tail ?

Comment

That isn't undersharpened at all, infact you can start to see jaggies appearing in some areas :S
        Nikon D3 - Nikon D2x - Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED AF-S VR - Nikon TC-14EE - Nikon TC-17EE - Nikon SB900 -Nikon AF-S 600mm F4 VR

Comment

Originally posted by FatGit
          Thx for the reply Will but this is going to sound really dumb its 25yrs since i last spotted so just getting back in to it whats a de-icing boot lol do you mean the black dot on the top fin that leads up to the tail ?
          The black strip on the tail is a pneumatic de-icing boot which certain sections inflate at different intervals to lift off any ice that may be forming.

Comment

Originally posted by pavvyben
            That isn't undersharpened at all, infact you can start to see jaggies appearing in some areas :S
            I thought that myself tbh

Comment

Is it just me or does the white on the top-rear fusealage look blown-out?

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Wettlaufer
                Is it just me or does the white on the top-rear fusealage look blown-out?
                Yeah I agree. Theres just no detail there atall.

Alan, for the soft areas I suggest re-sizing your pictures in stages and see how that works.

Comment

Also a spot directly above the first "C" in "Connect about halfway to the top of the photo, and one just to the right of that.

Comment

Why do all aircraft have to be white lol

Comment

It actually does not look that bad to me, I would of passed the 'spot', it's not blown out and it ain't soft enough to warrent a rejection.

Jid

Comment

Originally posted by jid
                        It actually does not look that bad to me, I would of passed the 'spot', it's not blown out and it ain't soft enough to warrent a rejection.
                        I agree.

Soren
                        Regards
                        Soren Madsen

Spotting guide to CPH www.cphaviation.dk

Comment

Thx guys i have appealed it we'll see what happens

Alan

Comment

Looks like it got accepted, lol, I opened the link then closed it, then by the time I read to the bottom of the thread, I clicked on it one more time and got the "No image matches that id number".

Great shot I think!
                            Bobby DeBarge
                            www.debargephoto.com
                            http://utccollegelife.blogspot.com
                            1999 Firebird Driver| Aviation Enthusiast

Comment

Working...
                            X