Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compressed Upload

I recently had this pic rejected......

Problem is that the pic was compressed, or something, on upload because the image I uploaded was very crisp and no where near as soft.

Here is the pic I uploaded...
    Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!"

Look at the KLM/Air France logo and the name of the plane. Looks soft or blurry on both pics. Thats where I notice it. Sorry man.

Comment

From the outset, the photo appears to need a bit of USM.

Comment

Looks nice and crisp and clear to me !

Comment

I had the same problem a little while ago. I uploaded a Cameron hot air balloon which was perfectly crisp and sharp. This is the pic as uploaded to JPnet and as it successfully uploaded to ImageShack.

When I looked at it in the upload preview it was horrible. I know there may be some oversharpening in the above pic.....but I mean, IT WAS HORRIBLE. Very blurred and looking like it had been overcompressed big time.
          The only difference in my workflow was that the pic was originally shot in .jpg fine format whereas I normally shoot in Nikon RAW. I'm wondering whether the fact that there was just one more save in the .jpg process (i.e. the upload ) was enough to destroy the picture by the time it arrived at JPnet ?

Your pic looks perfectly acceptable to me as well.
          If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

There's no difference between the one you uploaded and the one rejected. Like everyone have said, its equally soft on both !
            Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
              There's no difference between the one you uploaded and the one rejected. Like everyone have said, its equally soft on both !
              I can see a difference. The one uploaded is clearly more blurry/soft.

Comment

Clearly see the difference......
                File sizes..........804kb and 242kb.
                My contribution to JetPhotos

Comment

Can i ask a question without being flamed do all screeners have the same calibration and colour settings on there monitors ? if not there willl be differences between what each screener see's this is in noway way a dig a screeners i think they do a fantasic job with the amount of uploads they handle
                  thx
                  Alan

ps the image shack one does look a lot better to me

Comment

Originally posted by Crism
                    I can see a difference. The one uploaded is clearly more blurry/soft.
                    You got a point there which is partly what I was pointing out too. They are both soft, one way or the other, Just didnt state that clear enough.

Comment

Wel I clearly see a difference, mostly on the upper edge of the fuselage.

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!"

Comment

Originally posted by sluger020889
                        Wel I clearly see a difference, mostly on the upper edge of the fuselage.
                        I see it. On the edge like you said, it's more softer there. Sorry my bad on my previous post.

Comment

Originally posted by FatGit
                          do all screeners have the same calibration and colour settings on there monitors ?
                          Unfortunately no.

Originally posted by FatGit
                          i think they do a fantasic job with the amount of uploads they handle
                          Thank you, I've seen some of your pics pass through, they look quite nice.

-Greg

Comment

Originally posted by Greg
                            Unfortunately no.
                            You are kidding me......
                            My contribution to JetPhotos

Comment

Originally posted by Greg
                              Thank you, I've seen some of your pics pass through, they look quite nice.
                              -Greg
                              Thx Greg i'm relativley new to photography and its took a lot of rejections and advice from members to start getting them accepted

Alan

Comment

Working...
                              X