Scanning Negatives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scanning Negatives?

Is there any where to go to scan the negatives u have?? I have a few hundred pictures I took with my film SLR in the past and want to know how I can get them onto my computer.. thnx
    Ed

There are scanners around that allow for the scanning of negatives and slides. My wife has an HP5407C which seems to suit her fine. Others are available.

If you have a few hundred negs it may well be worthwhile purchasing a scanner rather than pay for someone else to scan.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Get a Nikon Coolscan V. Scans slides and negs.

Comment

Agree with E-diddy there - probably the best prosumer slide scanner around
        Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet intakes

Comment

how much they cost???

Comment

Originally posted by ualwillstand
            how much they cost???
            $500-$600 range.

Comment

wow that isnt cheap. like what resolution size will my negatives come out as on my PC?

Comment

Originally posted by ualwillstand
                wow that isnt cheap. like what resolution size will my negatives come out as on my PC?
                not sure but I believe it scans at 2400 dpi.

Comment

Just work out how many you have, and ask your local photography professionals how much it would cost for them to do it (and I say professionals, some photo labs do appalling negative scans). Then decide whether it's worth buying a scanner, you can pick up a new 3200 dpi Minolta scanner for about $200 USD

Comment

I also thought the Nikons were a bit too expensive for my needs, so I bought the Minolta Scan Dual II a few months ago for about $200 and I am very happy with it. Have not really tried it with negatives yet though, just slides.

Comment

Working...
                    X